Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Any recommendations for a quiet bathroom pull cord switch - not dimmable

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
As per the thread title, I'm looking to renovate 2 bathrooms and ideally would like to replace the clunky noisy pull switches with something quieter.

The switches will also control extraction fans so no dimmable switches can be used.

I have heard Crabtree might be quiet but would appreciate any firm recommendations from NSC.

Thanks,

Papak

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The electrical store on Newtown Rd by the Goldstone (if you allow yourself to go there) have some that single click (others click when you pull it, and when you release it), and the click is reasonably quiet.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have a sensor in my bathroom that switches the light on when you enter and the extractor fan. Two issues I have found, 1) lights go on during the day (although there may be a setting I could change) 2) if the door gets left open (pesky kids) it tends to stay on.
No idea if this helps! [emoji3]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a sensor in my bathroom that switches the light on when you enter and the extractor fan. Two issues I have found, 1) lights go on during the day (although there may be a setting I could change) 2) if the door gets left open (pesky kids) it tends to stay on.
No idea if this helps! [emoji3]

My light in the bathroom comes on via sensor which is lovely apart from if I have a pee during the night where I would rather stumble around in the dark than have a light shining in my eyes

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Put a normal switch outside the bathroom.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As per the thread title, I'm looking to renovate 2 bathrooms and ideally would like to replace the clunky noisy pull switches with something quieter.

The switches will also control extraction fans so no dimmable switches can be used.

I have heard Crabtree might be quiet but would appreciate any firm recommendations from NSC.

Thanks,

Papak

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Infrared goggles

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My light in the bathroom comes on via sensor which is lovely apart from if I have a pee during the night where I would rather stumble around in the dark than have a light shining in my eyes

If the light didn't come on you would end up peeing on the floor. :D

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Thanks,

Papak

Are the extraction fans silent?

If not I fear for your sanity.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If there's a follow-up article in NSC/The Guardian, this thread is definitely getting mentioned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here