[Albion] BHAFC Instagram comments section

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Needs;
1) a swear filter
2) an abuse filter
3) a moron filter

Comments that would earn a ban on NSC are routinely allowed on the club's official Instagram account. One in particular was pretty disgusting and I am not going to repeat it.
Needs action from the club.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Needs;
1) a swear filter
2) an abuse filter
3) a moron filter

Comments that would earn a ban on NSC are routinely allowed on the club's official Instagram account. One in particular was pretty disgusting and I am not going to repeat it.
Needs action from the club.

The club have no control

Needs to go direct to Instagram

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
So if it's cr*p, don't use it. It's only by walking away from these lousy apps that the message will get through....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nothing at all to do with the club and everything to do with Instagram.

The club have no control

Needs to go direct to Instagram

I didn't realise. Perhaps the club should consider a complaint to Instagram in that case. Can't they block users ?

As I posted on another thread moaning about Facebook comments on the official site - "you read the comments ???"

Go to any comments section on any big social media account and it's the same.
A small minority of very loud trolls and very loud idiots.

Fair enough but I used to read the comments on the Albion Instagram posts as they were generally pleasant and supportive and often funny. The vileness has completely changed the account.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club have no control

The club or any brand/club running a page/account have some control. Both Facebook and Instagram allow you to delete comments, block and ban users, intervene below the line to encourage or discourage behaviour.
Facebook can allow you to filter out keywords, hashtags, URLs as well. They can also report users directly to the platform themselves.
But its expensive and time consuming to moderate third party platforms given scale of trolls and abuse and volume of comments. Its also complex to set up to balance against legitimate and non legitimate usage and avoid preventing genuine engagement.
Although there are options with again (expensive) software, and dedicated teams that can do this on your behalf.
Key though for Albion I'd say is that its fans, especially on Instagram , are younger , potentially u16 so this would be a big factor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here