Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are catching up with palace and will overtake them soon .....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Genuinely feel like our sure but steady approach in the transfer market is paying off. We have great strength in depth now.

Looking at palace today, one suspension and the hapless Joel ward comes in. They still have absolute rubbish like Hennessy and benteke in the ranks. They are chucking money at 'names' without regards to team spirit.

Very very confident we will be comfortably better than them, with a much better ground, training facilities , youth/reserves this time next season....

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ever since we moved into the Amex the clock started ticking for this. Surprised it’s taken so long in a way, but that’s due to an upturn in their fortunes in that time.

We are now ahead of them in every single way bar league position, logically that will be rectified soon.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Genuinely feel like our sure but steady approach in the transfer market is paying off. We have great strength in depth now.

Looking at palace today, one suspension and the hapless Joel ward comes in. They still have absolute rubbish like Hennessy and benteke in the ranks. They are chucking money at 'names' without regards to team spirit.

Very very confident we will be comfortably better than them, with a much better ground, training facilities , youth/reserves this time next season....

Thoughts ?

Strange since you’ve slagged off every single one of our signings, so palace must be very very bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And the quality of your playing squad, and your manager, etc.
You might have a better first 11 ....(just and only because of Zaha) ... But judging by our summer signings our strength in depth will tell soon enough. Maybe not this season, but soon. Feels great having a local life long fan as owner.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Zaha, that left back possibly,. Can't identify any other's I'd add that are better than what we have. There are others I'd take to strengthen depth of squad but not as an improvement to best 11.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You're right, on paper you have a better ( more expensive) first 11,however, we re definitely catching you up.There are now several of ours, i wouldn't swap for yours, and, I certainly wouldn't swap managers. If you have a couple more , shall we be charitable and say ,quite transfer Windows , we will overtake you.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I really don’t care about Palace, I am too busy enjoying being in the PL. playing Liverpool, Man U and Spurs is far more exciting and satisfying.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I try and stay off most of the palaces threads to avoid the trolls, but...
I'm pleased their star signing looks like a lesser version of Kayal.
And whatever that old t*** Hodgson said to them at half time today really worked, they were shambolic when they came back out. Unfortunately they'll probably sack him come xmas.
I know I keep getting shouted down for saying I see them as relegation candidates but they so are.
We need to move on, maybe choose a more relevant rival, Charlton or Orient perhaps?!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I try and stay off most of the palaces threads to avoid the trolls, but...
I'm pleased their star signing looks like a lesser version of Kayal.
And whatever that old t*** Hodgson said to them at half time today really worked, they were shambolic when they came back out. Unfortunately they'll probably sack him come xmas.
I know I keep getting shouted down for saying I see them as relegation candidates but they so are.
We need to move on, maybe choose a more relevant rival, Charlton or Orient perhaps?!
Haha this is pushing it too far. They have a very winnable 5 games coming up now. Fully expect them to cement their mid table mediocrity with a few wins sadly.

But it's fine. We will overtake soon enough. Just a little patience required.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I guess the question you need to ask yourself is whose circumstances would you prefer, ours or theirs?

I know where I'd rather be!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They still have a handful of players who would improve our squad but our future looks much more promising. Once they get relegated they may really struggle to return as the competition in the championship is so high and they would loose Benteke, Zaha and Van Annolt.

I'm much happier to be in our position

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A positive thread from Dwaye... ???

You had a bump on the head chap ?

Soon deteriorated in a tedious squabble between himself and @aPalace, however. I'm out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here