Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] @Bozza - Dodgy ad

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
B37930C3-233A-4C7F-81C4-6E2FAEBDCF6D.png

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

This ad is making the site unusable on mobile. It freezes the page and means closing the tab. It came up while I was typing up another version of this thread and had to start again. Seems pretty suspect!

Has happened about 5 or 6 times now

Apologies for the giant screenshot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too, I deleted NSC from favourites and then logged in again under google search and it cleared

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can someone let me know the first URL you are taken to, which probably won't be the one you end up at as it probably goes through a series of re-directs. I can then get it blocked.

I've not experienced the same myself which makes it tricky to do!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Funny enough I just got this on the Argus time and again

It happened to me just now after visiting the Argus page before I’d even looked on NSC so it may not be on here? Or it’s everyehere??

It does seem to be the case that when these rogue ads get into the system they can hit you on almost any site unfortunately.

Now I've got the first URL it's taking people to, I should be able to get it blocked.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It does seem to be the case that when these rogue ads get into the system they can hit you on almost any site unfortunately.

Now I've got the first URL it's taking people to, I should be able to get it blocked.

It does I am currently getting the same pop up on the Argus website

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
You say it’s dodgy, but has anyone thought we might just all be lucky? Personally I’m like looking forward to my new iPhone arriving

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I got a full page ad for slimming world on here yesterday. Now I know I'm carrying a few extra pounds but really ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here