Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Will Liverpool be empty tomorrow?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Presumably all the catholics will have headed across the Irish Sea to see The Pope?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Presumably all the catholics will have headed across the Irish Sea to see The Pope?

Well they won't get long, seeing the new Irish leader, Jerry Buttimer is only getting 10 minutes with the Pontiff!
Still not enough time to talk about the Catholic church child abuse scandals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was always a majority Proddy city, albeit with a large RC population.

Newsnight just said then that even in the Irish Republic 60% of RC’s have no interest in the church now, compared to just 10% in 1979.

I know you’re only saying it jokingly, but Anfield will be full. I’m in the city right now, and there are Reds everywhere.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Newsnight just said then that even in the Irish Republic 60% of RC’s have no interest in the church now, compared to just 10% in 1979.

I know you’re only saying it jokingly, but Anfield will be full. I’m in the city right now, and there are Reds everywhere.

Any sign of the Red Arrows?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I don't believe that's right. I'm sure when I lived there it was known as the only English city with a Catholic majority.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't believe that's right. I'm sure when I lived there it was known as the only English city with a Catholic majority.

The current proportion of non-RC’s is 72.5%. This got as low as circa 55% in the 1851 census (the RC figure then was officially just 22%, but it’s felt that understated the numbers within families).

E6435089-25FC-4A09-828F-8F2FAD0AB202.png

In reality now, numbers ever attending church are far lower than that, as it is across all of Britain & Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here