Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 40pts Might Not Be Enough This Season

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Spread Markets expectations show that 40pts might not necessarily be enough to avoid the drop this season.
Cardiff & Huddersfield tailed off, then 5 teams (which include us) all within a point of the 40pt threshold.

Capture 34.PNG

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Spread Markets expectations show that 40pts might not necessarily be enough to avoid the drop this season.
Cardiff & Huddersfield tailed off, then 5 teams (which include us) all within a point of the 40pt threshold.

View attachment 100043

I think that principle that if the bottom two end up with an historically low number of points, it is far more likely that this elevates the points requirement to avoid falling into that final relegation place is sound. I really doubt it'll leave that third-to-bottom team needing 40 points. Is there a spread on points required for survival?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Off topic a bit, but are we really 18/1 to win tomorrow?
If so I'm having a fiver on that.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
I think that principle that if the bottom two end up with an historically low number of points, it is far more likely that this elevates the points requirement to avoid falling into that final relegation place is sound. I really doubt it'll leave that third-to-bottom team needing 40 points. Is there a spread on points required for survival?

Not as such, there is a Relegation Index though.

Capture 35.PNG

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Surely these points ranges aren't probabilistic numbers but market making numbers? So designed to incentivise betting and leave in a margin of error guaranteed to favour the house (on average).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here