Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Durham v Sussex

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Packing my thermals and flask and Brighton bobble hat as part of my northern type towns weekend places of interest to visit , come on Sussex come on Seagulls .

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Now we are within touching distance of finals day, let's hope we don't bottle it. Any thoughts?
Inclusion of Stokes has seen Sussex drift from 1.66 to 1.76 on Betfair but our boys are still justified favourites to prevail.

Will be tuning in with everything crossed and from behind the sofa though - so much depends on moments of luck/brilliance/error in this format.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cant say I am anymore than an armchair fan of cricket, but is it not a little unfair that Stokes can play at this stage?

Seems he has only played 3 games and the last one was in July?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Forecast is for heavy rain mid afternoon ahead of the scheduled start at 6.30, hopefully the rain will have been and gone and the ground is fit for the full overs to be bowled and we aren't left with a shortened game.
Would have been more confident if Rashid had still been available, as concerned that our 5th bowler may be the weak link.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Forecast is for heavy rain mid afternoon ahead of the scheduled start at 6.30, hopefully the rain will have been and gone and the ground is fit for the full overs to be bowled and we aren't left with a shortened game.
Would have been more confident if Rashid had still been available, as concerned that our 5th bowler may be the weak link.

Link to Sussex's averages. Danny Briggs has done pretty well in the Blast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/teams/sussex/averages

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Salt
Wright
Evans
Finch (over Rawlins, he looked good before his last 2 games...)
Burgess
Wiese
Archer
Jordan
Beer
Briggs
Mills

That’s the 11 I’d like to see. I’d even consider promoting Archer as a pinch hitter ahead of Evans if an early wicket falls. Briggs is no 5th bowler too, he’s been fantastic again this year. He’s be in my side (and was in the side) even when Rashid was the headline spinner.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Briggs will play no doubt, arguably player of the year. I'd say Weisse is the 5th bowler. Delray is fairly decent too but doesnt get the nod on that front it seems

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I see today's Ireland vs Afghanistan T20 was washed out - Khan not getting a lot of bowling on their Emerald Isle Tour is he?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here