Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Just watched this. Compulsive viewing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It really is an excellent series. Looking forward to season 2!

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Excellent. Halfway through and starting to see some parallels.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Do you mean parallels with our current situation? Sunderland had an absent chairman who had lost interest and wasn't prepared to put any money into the club. Our chairman is the complete opposite. I think this is a fundamental difference and why we will not be following Sunderland's path.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Do you mean parallels with our current situation? Sunderland had an absent chairman who had lost interest and wasn't prepared to put any money into the club. Our chairman is the complete opposite. I think this is a fundamental difference and why we will not be following Sunderland's path.
No...I meant that the players lacked confidence and fans were pinning their hopes on successful transfer windows

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Brighton til it goes tits up

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No...I meant that the players lacked confidence and fans were pinning their hopes on successful transfer windows

I think their main problem was that they went all in on survival in the Premier League and made a loss of £38m in their relegation season. When you’re then faced with a £50-60m reduction of income and still have mediocre players like Rodwell happy to continue pick up £4m a year, things are never going to work out well!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Sunderland 'till I Die Series 2

Anyone binged on this yet (came out today)

The new chief exec is absolutely brilliant value

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
not as many baddies in this series. Most of the players seem like decent guys and even McGeady seems to have knuckled down. Clearly a huge culture change from the total shit show of the previous season

the chairman has all the right intentions but perhaps lets his heart rule his head at times, and the chief exec is comedy GOLD

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Supposed to be wfh today but my son was binge watching it in the living room and I got sucked in.

Methven came across as such a cock I was actually cheering when they lost.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I live next door to one of the Sunderland players and he’s been taking an absolute hammering in our WhatsApp group today. But he’s a sound bloke and I think the culture there is now much different to how it was when Season 1 was filmed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here