Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
A Manchester United fan walks in to a Travel Agents and asks "any nice mini breaks available?" Travel Agent replies "well you can't beat Brighton this time of year":lolol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That travel agent needs some training - my advice would be to try and get a bit more info from the prospective customer before offering a solution, based on a few words. Further to this some welcoming small talk and rapport-building wouldn't go amiss. It would certainly help them to hit their commission targets.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wouldn't the said fan have been better going online, there's a greater choice and more flexible pricing models.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Most manure fans live outside of Manchester, so the the thought of going to a travel agents, to have a mini break in Manchester :nono::shootself

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m having a hard time deciding whether to throw out my old pillow or not.

I think I’ll sleep on it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Seems to be a lot of man utd fans going to travel agents recently and being given the same info.
I'm not sure I trust this fake news anymore.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not much of a travel agent,offering them a break in their home town.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having asked about holidays in the south of France, Nice in particular, the MU fan would be disappointed to be offered Brighton as a viable alternative.

Disappointment is following United fans around this week

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Should’ve come last weekend, Man United were playing.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A Manchester United fan walks in to a Travel Agents and asks "any nice mini breaks available?" Travel Agent replies "well you can't beat Brighton this time of year":lolol:

How would the Travel agent know he was a Man U fan? - Just because the person turns out to have been a fan in the end, doesn't mean they had anything that may have given the travel agent any idea of his football allegiance, and therefore the Brighton recommendation could have been completely unconnected with the result of the recent match.

Seems to be a lot of man utd fans going to travel agents recently and being given the same info.
I'm not sure I trust this fake news anymore.

It could just be coincidental that the travel agent was offering Brighton as a potential destination. It could have been based upon its merits as a travel destination alone, or maybe it's a case of the owners pushing the travel agent's staff to sell holidays to Brighton by offering incentives for them to recommend this particular location to shoppers, maybe through a sales competition, which is why so many Man U fans are being offered this option recently

That travel agent needs some training - my advice would be to try and get a bit more info from the prospective customer before offering a solution, based on a few words. Further to this some welcoming small talk and rapport-building wouldn't go amiss. It would certainly help them to hit their commission targets.

Maybe they did and that's how they arrived at Brighton as their recommendation (the Man U fan may have wanted a UK destination as they may not even own a passport, thus ruling out foreign destinations altogether) We just don't have enough information to know for sure from the information provided in the initial post, maybe the OP can clarify this further

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here