Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton's owner is at it again.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
:facepalm:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/22/charlton-staff-extreme-disappointment-duchatelet-uturn-bonuses

Reminds me of NL's Christmas Vacation. Scummy boss not only not paying staff their bonus but not having the guts to tell them ahead of time that he wasn't going to.

"Staff at Charlton Athletic have expressed “extreme disappointment” after bonuses they say were promised to them by the owner, Roland Duchâtelet, were not paid, in the latest controversy of the Belgian’s tenure.

Administrative staff say they were due to be paid bonuses on 31 July but the money did not arrive. In an email to staff on Wednesday Duchâtelet said the “incentivised bonuses” would not be paid because the club had endured “a very bad financial year”. He did not take any responsibility for that poor performance." . . .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Must be bad if they cannot afford bottled water for the yoof team, hasn't the owner never shopped a Lidl, Aldi or even tap?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
https://youtu.be/-XvEKpmfVkY

Love this. Can't believe Roland is still there. Charlton deserve better. Their staff as well now as the fans

How shit does it look if you stop bottled water for financial reasons. Other reasons fine but it just looks a bit tin pot.

We should send some to the training ground. Labelled up like at conferences with a message on of support. Don't think they would be single use. Remember the ad they put in the argus, class

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had a boss once who told me he couldn’t afford to pay me my “guaranteed” bonus. After a long discussion about contract law and the definition of guaranteed, he duly paid up and I resigned.

He no longer has a company.

Duchatelet doesn’t deserve to have a company either. I hope they get shot of him soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here