Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Len Johnrose - Motor Neurone Disease

Jul 7, 2003
Very sad but interesting story on the BBC website about the former footballer Lenny Johnrose being diagnosed with MND.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45268203

A friend of mine died a couple of years ago from MND - he was one of those people who sadly only lasted a couple of years from diagnosis. The end can be very sudden - I saw him in the pub on a Friday night and he still enjoyed a pint - albeit with a lot of assistance to move around - and he was dead by the Sunday.

For those who don't know about MND, the article is really interesting in the challenges to his life and he even admits to considering assisted dying.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
My mum died a year ago yesterday from MND. A truly horrible decline that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I watched her fade away both physically and mentally and ultimately I was with her when she died. The BBC article was very well written and helps me to reconcile what was going through her head as my mum never spoke about it.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I had a very close relative die of this dreadful illness. I simply don't know how I would cope if ever I got it.Len Johnrose is a very brave man to cope as he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here