Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steve Sidwell retires

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyJKw2F4H4/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=4t6pukgly85y

[tweet]1032263997385527302[/tweet]

A bit like Bobby, came to us on loan as a youngster, and then finished his career here.

Now, like Liam, he's going to be working with the Academy

Now it is time for the next chapter, having completed my coaching badges, I am excited to take up a role at Brighton’s academy, alongside my ambassadorial duties. I will combine this with my ongoing media commitments.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Second only behind Kerry Mayo in my all time favourite ginger Albion players

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Great news, suits the Brighton mentality/mindset/spirit – whatever you want to call it – very well.

I know we can't go on forever finding roles for ex-players but I doubt the club is doing it out of charity. These guys clearly still have a contribution to make.

D

Deleted member 2719

Like Sidwell, a lot always gave his all in the stripes and always appeared a great team player to have in the squad.

Glad we kept him and he is happy to be behind the scenes helping the youth and not going off to do media stuff.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This not a knock at either Liam or Steve but most people have great respect and admiration for Bruno and would want him to have a job with us. when he retires.
Most people have respect for Bruno, Liam, Steve and Calderon and would like them all back after they retire but it probably comes down to a few things, a) do they want to, b) is there a vacancy and c) timing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Excellent. Watched him and Liam on that Sky debate thing the other night. Both are very good at the punditry and both will be great to have around the youth setup.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Like Sidwell, a lot always gave his all in the stripes and always appeared a great team player to have in the squad.

Glad we kept him and he is happy to be behind the scenes helping the youth and not going off to do media stuff.

He is going to do media stuff as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here