Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains to Liverpool stuffed Saturday

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I couldn’t see a thread on this but apologies if old news.....

Liverpool FC travel warning for Brighton and Hove Albion fans

Network Rail has defended its decision to close the Brighton Mainline over the May bank holiday weekend

Liverpool FC has issued advice for fans travelling up to Anfield for the Brighton and Hove Albion match on Saturday (August 25) - as Euston station will be closed for engineering works.

The station will be closed between Saturday and Monday (August 27), impacting all services on the West Coast main line including trains serving Manchester, Liverpool, Stoke, Stafford, Crewe, Warrington and Blackpool.

Network Rail is replacing North Wembley junction, and will also close Euston station over the bank holiday weekend (August 25 to 27), and September 1 and 2.

A spokesperson for Liverpool FC said: "Fans travelling to Saturday's game at Anfield should check their travel options in advance and allow plenty of time to travel to the stadium.

"Train passengers are advised to plan their journeys in advance at www.nationalrail.co.uk/westcoast and using information on their train operators' websites.

"Supporters are also advised that trains will be busier than normal, with longer and diverted routes expected."

The club said Virgin Trains will be operating an hourly service from Milton Keynes to Liverpool Lime Street calling at Rugby, Stafford and Crewe.

It said there will be no services back south after the game due to the 5.30pm kick-off. Hourly services to Milton Keynes resume again at 8.21am on Sunday (August 26).

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Pain in the arse yes but shambles?

Should they halt urgent upgrade to appease the 1500/2000 Brighton fans looking to get to and from a game of football?

There’s no good time to do these kind of major upgrade works that will minimise impact to every niche type of rail user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point taken. I plead guilty to posting through the blue and white haze that descends on me while on NSC. That said, travelling fans will be hugely inconvenienced and I suppose I feel more sorry for them just because they are Albion fans. Illogical, I know, and you're right, the work will impact on someone, somewhere, sometime.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I couldn’t see a thread on this but apologies if old news.....

Liverpool FC travel warning for Brighton and Hove Albion fans

Network Rail has defended its decision to close the Brighton Mainline over the May bank holiday weekend

Liverpool FC has issued advice for fans travelling up to Anfield for the Brighton and Hove Albion match on Saturday (August 25) - as Euston station will be closed for engineering works.

The station will be closed between Saturday and Monday (August 27), impacting all services on the West Coast main line including trains serving Manchester, Liverpool, Stoke, Stafford, Crewe, Warrington and Blackpool.

Network Rail is replacing North Wembley junction, and will also close Euston station over the bank holiday weekend (August 25 to 27), and September 1 and 2.

A spokesperson for Liverpool FC said: "Fans travelling to Saturday's game at Anfield should check their travel options in advance and allow plenty of time to travel to the stadium.

"Train passengers are advised to plan their journeys in advance at www.nationalrail.co.uk/westcoast and using information on their train operators' websites.

"Supporters are also advised that trains will be busier than normal, with longer and diverted routes expected."

The club said Virgin Trains will be operating an hourly service from Milton Keynes to Liverpool Lime Street calling at Rugby, Stafford and Crewe.

It said there will be no services back south after the game due to the 5.30pm kick-off. Hourly services to Milton Keynes resume again at 8.21am on Sunday (August 26).

May Bank Holiday weekend ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
plenty more closures on Brighton main line in pipeline, every weekend in October, first two saturdays in November and last weekend, 2 weekends in Feb bookending a whole week, 3 weekends in March and one in April. Thats complete closure from Three Bridges to Brighton and Lewes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here