Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Excel spreadsheet help

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am working on a spreadsheet and for some unknown reason it has stopped automatically calculating when I enter changes. I have had this before on large spreadsheets but never on a small spreadsheet like this. Note it calculates if I save the sheet but clearly don't want to keep doing this. Anything I can do?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I am working on a spreadsheet and for some unknown reason it has stopped automatically calculating when I enter changes. I have had this before on large spreadsheets but never on a small spreadsheet like this. Note it calculates if I save the sheet but clearly don't want to keep doing this. Anything I can do?

Make sure auto calculations are turned on in options. The spreadsheet should refresh with F9.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Make sure auto calculations are turned on in options. The spreadsheet should refresh with F9.

Perfect, that's done it, no idea why it was turned off though. Odd.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Perfect, that's done it, no idea why it was turned off though. Odd.

I've had this before where the workbook I've had open previously has had macros in it. Since they are prevented from running automatically, and since some reference sheets might need to be present, Excel seems to set itself to "off" for calculations unless the macro has run. If you've been emailed a spreadsheet by someone else that had the auto calculations off, and you opened that it will do the same. Damn annoying, I've had it happen several times WRT spreadsheets sent to me by a client,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And if no-one has already dump complex Excel formulas and especially evil macros for Power Query.

Available as an add in for earlier Excel and now called get and transform in the latest version.

You won't go back.

D

Deleted member 2719

And if no-one has already dump complex Excel formulas and especially evil macros for Power Query.

Available as an add in for earlier Excel and now called get and transform in the latest version.

You won't go back.

What are the pros and cons for Excel against Google sheets???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here