Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 Club lifetime memebership for sale (potentially very, very cheap)

simonjones

Aug 7, 2018
I'm looking to sell my 1901 Gold lifetime membership (Harvey's lounge, seat is positioned just north of the southern 18 yard box). Changes in my family situation mean I'm no longer able to go to matches and the club have told me I cannot cancel it as I've signed a contract for direct debits for the next 4 years, they tell me the only way I can avoid the monthly cost is to sell it to someone else who will sign up for the monthly direct debits.

If I can get back some of the £1000 I paid for it 6 years ago I would be very happy, but at this point I'm more concern with avoiding paying about £100 per month for matches I'm unable to attend. So unless I'm inundated with offers and a bidding war starts I would be prepared to let it go for nothing. Whoever I "sell" it to would need to sign up for about £100 per month direct debits to the club for the next 4 years.

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just out of interest, in order to buy this ticket would you need to have a membership and be in the ST waiting list. If not seems a quick way in to the big time for someone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just out of interest, in order to buy this ticket would you need to have a membership and be in the ST waiting list. If not seems a quick way in to the big time for someone.

You don't need to be.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Just out of interest, are there any other payment options other than direct debit? Can you pay the 4 years up front, or at least for the whole season?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Can't cancel it? I'd challenge the club on that given you've been paying it for the last 6 years! I'd tell them to jog on and cancel the direct debit myself. If they really wanted to then pursue it legally they can although I doubt they would.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can't cancel it? I'd challenge the club on that given you've been paying it for the last 6 years! I'd tell them to jog on and cancel the direct debit myself. If they really wanted to then pursue it legally they can although I doubt they would.

Each contractual period is 5 years. The first one finished a year ago; he’s got 4 years of the second period to go. I’d be willing to bet that the club would seek to enforce the contract, except in the most extrem le of personal circumstances, not least to discourage other folk who currently hold a 1901 seat from deciding that they just don’t fancy it any more and cancelling their DD (not that I’m intimating in any way that that is what the OP is doing).

Edit: actually, I think we’re 2 years into the second 5 year period, so I’m not sure why theOP has 4 years left to go... perhaps it’s only 3?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I don’t, be interesting to hear other stories like this as it cannot be the first time it’s happened. Telling them to jog on and sue you would be like a red rag to a bull imo.

New 5 year contract was signed a couple of years ago so the fact he’s already paid for the previous five will be irrelevant.

A more circumspect approach might possibly work as selling a 1901 ticket is unlikely to be difficult at the moment for the club.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A more circumspect approach might possibly work as selling a 1901 ticket is unlikely to be difficult at the moment for the club.

Maybe so. Certainly better than a f you approach.

However, I’m told by the 1901 folk that selling a single seat is not that easy. :shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I have a feeling they probably would pursue it.. Most companies as large as BHA probably pay a ''set fee'' to a Debt Collection Agency for all Credit Control work. They probably just hand name and details of the debt over and then leave it to the Debt Collection Agency.

If I was OP I wouldn't take the chance of a CCJ or similar which could affect his credit rating in the future.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have you (quietly) asked the people that sit around you? There might be someone who wants a ticket only if it is close to where they sit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe so. Certainly better than a f you approach.

However, I’m told by the 1901 folk that selling a single seat is not that easy. :shrug:

Pedant's corner: 'an f' :rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here