Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Has work started on their new stand now lockdown is eased ?

Still in the planning stages, maybe. Goodness knows.

PZEP3DSTDCRY_p_2048x.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well seeing as how they are the second lowest scorers in the prem, he's not exactly on fire is he?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
So, how does that work?

We're 6 points behind.
If we get 5 points more than them, we're a point behind, but with a better GD. We don't go above them.

6 points to catch them, only then does the GD come into play.

That maths is easy to explain: the pubs are open again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So, how does that work?

We're 6 points behind.
If we get 5 points more than them, we're a point behind, but with a better GD. We don't go above them.

6 points to catch them, only then does the GD come into play.

I’m obviously too tired for basic maths at the moment.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Palace will be regretting not selling him last summer.

Been BANG average this season only 3 goals and 3 assists.

In the post covid transfer market they will be lucky to get half of what they could have sold him for last year.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Palace this season have gone from 12 penalties last season, to 3 penalties this season. The main reason for this has to be VAR. Mr Tumble has been poor, I’m not sure he has earned any pens this season, so, his most valuable asset to his team has gone as VAR would now catch him out with his diving.

Pretty sure the collective wisdom on here did point out to the few Palace fans that post on here that this would happen.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In the post covid transfer market they will be lucky to get half of what they could have sold him for last year.

In Parish's fevered and deluded mind, that's still a £900bn price tag – or roughly 10,000 x Messi, Mbappe and Ronaldo combined.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace this season have gone from 12 penalties last season, to 3 penalties this season. The main reason for this has to be VAR. Mr Tumble has been poor, I’m not sure he has earned any pens this season, so, his most valuable asset to his team has gone as VAR would now catch him out with his diving.

Pretty sure the collective wisdom on here did point out to the few Palace fans that post on here that this would happen.
I seem to remember we were informed that palace would get considerably more penalties under VAR.
The presumed dives would be proven to be penalties as well as all the actual penalties.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think he'll be gone this summer.

- Doesn't look interested (Read the Palace boards, the vast majority are of this opinion)

- Palace are an ageing side and need rebuilding - they need the cash from his sale to rebuild.

- Possibly his last chance to move to a top 6 side and play in Europe.(his 2 week failure at UTD aside)

As an aside, I don't think Roy will be the one who spends the money - think he'll be gone in the summer (Just my opinion)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I read earlier on a Villa forum that one reason Bournemouth have struggled is the introduction of VAR and its impact on penalties. Just looked and there is a similar result to the palace pens, last year they had a total of 9 penalties and so far this season only 2 in the PL. Maybe it is having a good effect on the divers?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Zaha watch 2019/20 ** DEMANDED TO LEAVE - BUT NOBODY WANTS the SEGW ***

I think he'll be gone this summer.

Me too. Sadly, his transfer and earning potential will have shot right down due to the pandemic. Whilst clubs abroad have been mentioned, we know he struggles to function outside of London; Chelsea or Spuds as a final destination for about £35m is my guess.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For Palace it's 35 league goals in 186 league appearances, over 6 seasons in the PL.

If we had a winger that chipped in with 6+ goals per season, we would be delighted I think.

He has played plenty of games for Palace as a striker. Most of last season for starters.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Admittedly I've seen very little of him the last few years but from what I've seen he is extremely overrated and cant imagine any team being willing to pay the $50m or whatever people believe he is worth.

That said, no smoke without fire so he's probably not that bad, wouldnt mind him as a cover for Trossard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here