Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wilfried Zaha transfer latest as Everton launch ‘£100m mega deal’ for Crystal Palace ace

Everton are desperate to sign Wilfried Zaha before Thursday's deadline and have offered Crystal Palace cash plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy

Everton are preparing to send Crystal Palace an eye-watering £100million mega deal for Wilfried Zaha.

The Toffees have assembled an offer which includes £65m plus striker Cenk Tosun and midfielder James McCarthy to present to Palace,

Despite the move being what would be a record fee spent by a British club, it would fall below the Eagles' valuation of £120m.
WTF?

I don't have high expectations of newspapers, but that's not even within the realms of possibility.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its the wages Palace have a problem with I think... they are right at the limit.

Tossun and Mccarthy would cost as much if not more than Zaha wage, and that's before they buy a new winger.

Chuck Cahills 75k a week into the mix.

They want/need a straight cash deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is bubbling up nicely. Stay and he’ll be seriously pissed off. Last minute transfer and Palace will have to rush around the transfer supermarket grabbing whatever is left before the store closes.

What an absolute shambles of a club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seemingly if Everton say 'ok we'll pay £120m cash up front' Parish would reply:-

'No I definitely said '£140m'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seemingly if Everton say 'ok we'll pay £120m cash up front' Parish would reply:-

'No I definitely said '£140m'.

Nobody pays this sort of money up front though, do they ? I thought the fee is usually paid by the buying club in instalments across the duration of the players contract. Absolutely no way would Everton just stump up £60-£70m in cash up front, let alone the comical amounts that ridiculous fop-haired Disney spiv is quoting for the BETM this week.

Its absolutely clear that Zaha is going nowhere. He is well and truly stuck with that nightmare shambles of a club now, like some sad sap imprisoned in a miserable marriage, unable to get a divorce.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If (if if) SEGW strops most of the season and palace are relegated; what offer do you think prince charming would then accept for him?

Bonus Q1: what offer would the administrators accept.
Bonus Q2: if wilf actually plays well, but palace look doomed in January, what will he be sold for?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Nobody pays this sort of money up front though, do they ? I thought the fee is usually paid by the buying club in instalments across the duration of the players contract. Absolutely no way would Everton just stump up £60-£70m in cash up front, let alone the comical amounts that ridiculous fop-haired Disney spiv is quoting for the BETM this week.

Its absolutely clear that Zaha is going nowhere. He is well and truly stuck with that nightmare shambles of a club now, like some sad sap imprisoned in a miserable marriage, unable to get a divorce.

Sudden thought: is man Us 25% payable immediately upon transfer? Meaning that with their appalling cash flow accepting the common method of structured payments would send them under?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sudden thought: is man Us 25% payable immediately upon transfer? Meaning that with their appalling cash flow accepting the common method of structured payments would send them under?

Well, they're not going to go under by NOT selling the SEGW this summer, not all the while they stay on the PL gravy train.

If they dropped back into the Championship and had to do a firesale though, then this could perhaps become a factor. With Admin III they'd end up having to accept a massively reduced fee for him as well. Which would of course be tragic.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
0CD1DE33-E7EC-4879-B08D-8FBC7EA3FDD9.jpeg

They both look VERY happy .

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
WTF?

I don't have high expectations of newspapers, but that's not even within the realms of possibility.

Yeah of course as purely a player, he ain't worth 120 mill, not even half that. He's not in the top 10 PL players by a long shot.

But as a diver, capable of cheating double digit numbers of points per season, he is la crème de la crème , there is nobody more skilled in the art of conning refs.

And that is worth millions to palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah of course as purely a player, he ain't worth 120 mill, not even half that. He's not in the top 10 PL players by a long shot.

But as a diver, capable of cheating double digit numbers of points per season, he is la crème de la crème , there is nobody more skilled in the art of conning refs.

And that is worth millions to palace.
VAR

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
5EEA5E8E-10FA-40C2-8554-E9FDFE2E825E.jpeg

They love it at palace .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who's t'other one?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I love that it started as a understandable "i want to go to a london based team with the aim of champions league football" to "anyone, please. Everton? Yeah that'll do"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Got to feel a little bit sorry for old Tumble, knowing that he is priced out of a move and his career is all downhill from here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here