Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually I was .
I can picture the scene: bar staff rolling their eyes at each other before giving you the odd nod, just to avoid being rude, as you waffle on to them in a constant drone. They're not your mates heshe, they're staff.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-to-become-best-paid-player-at-crystal-palace

This was last summer:

"Wilfried Zaha has committed his future to Crystal Palace by signing a contract extension, with no release clause, on improved terms to establish him as the highest-earning player at Selhurst Park. The Ivory Coast forward, who signed a five-year deal last summer, is now under contract until the end of the 2022-23 campaign and is understood to be earning around £130,000 a week.

The player, without whom Palace failed to register even a point last season, had spoken with the club’s hierarchy and assured them he would not agitate for a move. That offered some reassurance with the contract extension, first mooted at the end of last season, now signed."

So he's a diving cheat and a proven LIAR too. Yet they'll still be queuing up to brown-nose him on his twitter feed and at the Stad de Clad next season, the deluded GOONS.

i don't mean to correct you easy; but, as i understood it, it was his brother, (who he employs), who agitated for his move to his beloved arsenal.

different thing, different thing.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can picture the scene: bar staff rolling their eyes at each other before giving you the odd nod, just to avoid being rude, as you waffle on to them in a constant drone. They're not your mates heshe, they're staff.

Harsh but almost certainly true

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Me too. Apart from the pity bit.

They all show their true colours eventually. Even the seemingly decent ones.

Once the realisation dawns that their club is a complete joke to everyone in football apart from them, they get all shouty, piss their knickers and then FLOUNCE.

Standard.

f me, if he stays, they can't get anyone else in, so one man team, and she sulks, and they go down, (obvs admin), it will be like fumigating this board of all the vermin.

here's hoping :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This thread isn't going particularly well for the GOON contingent is it. It's almost boring. A shotgun and a barrel of fish would provide better sport.

The only entertaining thing is that Mr Putdown has finally lived up to his name. Not sure I can recall anyone being so fundamentally destroyed on an internet forum since looney was banned.

Truly embarrassing. Is it last orders yet?

What a BELL. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This thread isn't going particularly well for the GOON contingent is it. It's almost boring. A shotgun and a barrel of fish would provide better sport.

The only entertaining thing is that Mr Putdown has finally lived up to his name. Not sure I can recall anyone being so fundamentally destroyed on an internet forum since looney was banned.

Truly embarrassing. Is it last orders yet?

What a BELL. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This, well played everyone :clap::clap::clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Trigger said this and rogersix said that and Sheebo said..... :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The sales of Wan-k-bissaka and (likely) Zaha, has inflamed opinions against old Parish. A sample post:

83A77649-D1CC-45D1-8EFB-5452EC0BFB2B.png

Everton now trying to dump them with out of favour Tosun and Mccarthy as part of the deal. Whatever happened to the £100m cash valuation?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trigger said this and rogersix said that and Sheebo said..... :lol:
yeah and I totally owned them and then people were posting on the BBS saying how funny it was - sorry, closing time already? What about that lot, are they having a lock-in? Oh, I didn't realise they were all staff. Cool, yeah. See you in the morning.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Nah Beaky has rejected the offer. They’ll take cash now, at £70m+ or nothing. To be fair to SEGW he hasn’t put in a transfer request so he’s not agitating too seriously. Someone was mentioning that if a player hands a request in, they forfeit any severance pay upon transfer / termination of their contract. Does that mean when a player is sold within contract that they get full pay to the value of their outstanding contract?! Or is it somewhere in between / dependent on the specifics of each contract? What is typical?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
19:05
EVERTON LAUNCH SECOND ZAHA BID

Everton have made second bid to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha, according to Sky sources.

The offer is believed to be worth £55m, plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy.

Nice way of trying to get rid of a couple of spanners.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i don't mean to correct you easy; but, as i understood it, it was his brother, (who he employs), who agitated for his move to his beloved arsenal.

different thing, different thing.......

And you believe he is doing this independently of the SEGW ? His brother is his mouthpiece, his puppet in all this. He's hardly come out to correct or refute anything his brother comes out with on his behalf, now has he.

That might be enough to deflect the ire of the deluded goonsquad thickets who brown-nose their hero to the heavens ("God is Great" - "Oooh I love you Wilfy" "Stay forever my brother" etc), but any fully functional adult not suffering from a disastrous cranial trauma can surely, surely see straight through it. His brother speaks for him, there is absolutely no denying it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nah Beaky has rejected the offer. They’ll take cash now, at £70m+ or nothing. To be fair to SEGW he hasn’t put in a transfer request so he’s not agitating too seriously. Someone was mentioning that if a player hands a request in, they forfeit any severance pay upon transfer / termination of their contract. Does that mean when a player is sold within contract that they get full pay to the value of their outstanding contract?! Or is it somewhere in between / dependent on the specifics of each contract? What is typical?

Someone else on here had this misconception as well. When a player is sold, he does NOT have the remainder of his contract paid up by the selling club. Otherwise, what would be the point of trying to reduce your wagebill by offloading players ? When a player is transferred and his registration passes to the buying club, his contract is cancelled by the selling club and thats the end of their financial commitment to him.

If a player goes out on loan then often his parent club will continue paying a % of his wage to share the burden with the borrowing club, but I've never heard one instance of a club paying out the remainder of a players existing contract when he moves clubs in a permanent transfer. That would make no sense.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Someone else on here had this misconception as well. When a player is sold, he does NOT have the remainder of his contract paid up by the selling club. Otherwise, what would be the point of trying to reduce your wagebill by offloading players ? When a player is transferred and his registration passes to the buying club, his contract is cancelled by the selling club and thats the end of their financial commitment to him.

If a player goes out on loan then often his parent club will continue paying a % of his wage to share the burden with the borrowing club, but I've never heard one instance of a club paying out the remainder of a players existing contract when he moves clubs in a permanent transfer. That would make no sense.
Occasionally a player will still be paid by his former club after a transfer. Normally it only happens in the event of a club being truely shithouse, like say Leeds, and them being so desperate to get rid of someone that they'll pay Robbie Fowler £12,000 a week to pay for Man City instead as its still cheaper than paying him his full contact.

Also see Portsmouth and about a dozen players that 'arry Redknapp signed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Occasionally a player will still be paid by his former club after a transfer. Normally it only happens in the event of a club being truely shithouse, like say Leeds, and them being so desperate to get rid of someone that they'll pay Robbie Fowler £12,000 a week to pay for Man City instead as its still cheaper than paying him his full contact.

Also see Portsmouth and about a dozen players that 'arry Redknapp signed.

Sure that can and has happened when the club he goes to cannot or will not pay the full value of his existing contract. But the notion that a player routinely gets the remainder of his contract paid up in a lump sum or otherwise if he's sold before the end of it is incorrect. Under all (normal) circumstances, once he is sold, his contract with the selling club is simply terminated when he leaves for another club.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And you believe he is doing this independently of the SEGW ? His brother is his mouthpiece, his puppet in all this. He's hardly come out to correct or refute anything his brother comes out with on his behalf, now has he.

That might be enough to deflect the ire of the deluded goonsquad thickets who brown-nose their hero to the heavens ("God is Great" - "Oooh I love you Wilfy" "Stay forever my brother" etc), but any fully functional adult not suffering from a disastrous cranial trauma can surely, surely see straight through it. His brother speaks for him, there is absolutely no denying it.

soz, i did embolden "who he employs"

edit: no i didn't, but it is in brackets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here