Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
In a way it's good he hasn't gone as it just prolongs the great unwashed's misery until January, knowing their star player doesn't want to be there. And we get to do this all again in Jan. Wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun if he was just a random squad player at Everton.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It's all quite funny and sad at the same time.

Lad has talent that's not going to be fully recognised at Palace. But Palace thought they'd play a blinder and get the fee they were demanding and now have missed out on a huge pay day AND have a player who is quite open about wanting to leave. Should he want to leave in January, would he play himself into the ground and potentially risk injury/fatigue which could jeopardise a potential move in January or does he just do what he needs to do, which may not be his full ability to avoid injury and fatigue in case a move does fruitate. Additionally, could this attitude that he's too good for the club rub off the wrong way on his team mates and cause an issue in the dressing room? I doubt it would be hugely disruptive, but always something to consider.

I'm not fond of the lad, but recognise he's quality. This could blow up in Palace's face, which is what will be hilarious for us. The sad thing is, this could be detrimental to Zaha's career as he's in his prime now and if he doesn't try to elevate himself to a higher level, he may never be able to have that opportunity.

I’ve given you a thumbs up for that, and, if I could, I would give another for “fruitate”. I can’t remember seeing that word on NSC before today. Well played.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And at the precise same time, Everton managed to contact Palace sufficiently to complete the sale of McCarthy. :D

I imagine that conversation went something along the lines of:

Parish: "We would like to sign James McCarthy"
Kenwright: "Who?"
Parish: "That ginger bloke who played a few times for you in 2016?"
Kenwright: "He is still on our ****ing books?! We'll send him down right away, you can have him for fr..."
Parish: "Brilliant, we'll give you just under £10 million for him"
Kenwright: :rave:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
OK, I'll bite -because I genuinely don't know. Yeh, yeh, can't have been paying attention, but what is SEGW?

Swivel-Eyed Gravity Whore innit?

Indeed. Easy's classic.

Matched by BETM (Bolly Eyed Turf Magnet) which I believe was Bevendean's work?

'The Dulwich U-boat' is another of my favourites for Zaha, again coined by [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION].

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
True. We would love to have had a player like Zaha at the Albion. Come through the youth system and gets the crowd on their feet when he's got the ball. Bloomin' marvellous. He'd have been looked after better at the Albion - that's for sure.

Like luzzing a pie at him, and singing about him having Ebola ?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I’ve given you a thumbs up for that, and, if I could, I would give another for “fruitate”. I can’t remember seeing that word on NSC before today. Well played.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 15.10.00.png

Does that make it a Googlewhack?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Who...the pie? I’m not sure how one sexes a pie although pies are usually male in my mind.

Unless they’re filled with sugar and spice and all things nice.

But that sounds like a gay pie.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
He probably started crying, dived and started rolling around on the floor

I think your post needs a bit more clarity. You could be talking about half the games last season, any of his pre-season games or their recent training sessions?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You are talking about a few idiots

What about what the vast majority of your fans sing at Lewis?

Dickhead

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
'The Dulwich U-boat' is another of my favourites for Zaha, again coined by [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION].

Why Dulwich though ?
If it was The Thornton Heath U Boat, I could understand the humour, as he comes from there.
Why pick a random South London area ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here