Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
More rambling from the senile old woman. Via Sky. He means 'please don't make him cry again'.

23:18
HODGSON WANTS ZAHA SYMPATHY

Roy Hodgson urged Crystal Palace fans to be "sympathetic" to Wilfried Zaha ahead of their first Premier League game of the season against Everton on Saturday.

"You can't control fans' reactions. Fans will react in the way they feel they should react," he said. "Of course I hope that they won't get on Wilf's back. I hope they'll be sympathetic to him and will help him produce more good performances for the team.

"But whatever happens, Wilf will have to deal with that, just as he has had to deal with his disappointment over the last few days in the transfer window.

"I'm expecting him to be able to do those things. But it would be nice if our fans can draw a line under it and give him the support he needs to produce the performances that I as a manager and we as a team really need from him."

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, diddums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
More rambling from the senile old woman. Via Sky. He means 'please don't make him cry again'.

Roy Hodgson urged Crystal Palace fans to be "sympathetic" to Wilfried Zaha ahead of their first Premier League game of the season against Everton on Saturday.

"You can't control fans' reactions. Fans will react in the way they feel they should react," he said. "Of course I hope that they won't get on Wilf's back. I hope they'll be sympathetic to him and will help him produce more good performances for the team.

"But whatever happens, Wilf will have to deal with that, just as he has had to deal with his disappointment over the last few days in the transfer window.

"I'm expecting him to be able to do those things. But it would be nice if our fans can draw a line under it and give him the support he needs to produce the performances that I as a manager and we as a team really need from him."
I am sure all the fans of away grounds he visits will all give him the verbal he deserves, as he loved by many opposing fans that have suffered his cheating diving in the past

Last edited:

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton

As clear an admission they're a One Man Team as any I can recall, and utterly reliant on their fickle support not upsetting a flaky, fragile ego with a grudge, to boot. Pathetic. You'd think Hodgson at least would have a bit more self respect, though that quality seems to be sadly lacking up the road these days.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Yes You Are .

4F1BE09800000578-6062575-image-a-31_1534327111692.jpg

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I don't know why Hodgson is so concerned.
It is the launch of the new singing section today designed to make Palace invincible at home
I am expecting to see them drop nil points at home this season with such wonderful support

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I don't know why Hodgson is so concerned.
It is the launch of the new singing section today designed to make Palace invincible at home
I am expecting to see them drop nil points at home this season with such wonderful support

Quite right. It'll be a carnival atmosphere today. No bitterness because of enforced seat moves, no frustration because of a brilliant transfer window and no tension caused by a genuinely world class player wanting out this week.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I noticed that Bloom at the fans forum, and a fella on Albion unlimited both said all the big money is being spent on players under the age of 25. Zaha is 27 in November. If he was just 2 years younger they most probably would have got the £80m they were asking for.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Basically, he means

“Look, you cretins. If you don’t wanna be in a dogfight at the end of the season, back him so he doesn’t throw a hissy fit”

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I just found this on one of their forums about the transfer request:

The story I heard was it was not a written transfer request but a handwritten note either from his mum or "brother" (this bit was unclear), asking if he could be excused playing for us to pursue his ambition elsewhere.

It also said could he skip training as he'd forgotten his boots.

Credit where it is due, that is brilliant.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Zaha watch 2019/20 ** DEMANDED TO LEAVE - BUT NOBODY WANTS the SEGW ***

The incredible sulk has made it to the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heard he looked disinterested and sulky :lol: :ffsparr:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just watched the highlights on sky sports, they were pretty much all Everton. But what stuck out was that when Zaha came on the commentator talked about the fans being behind him when a) it was clearly a mixed reaction for him, and b) front and centre on the screen was a palace fan giving a :wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here