Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
BBC Gossip today:-

"Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson says Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 26, could still leave Crystal Palace this summer. (Sun)"

It would be great for the reaction of Palace fans.
He’s staying- our hero.
Oh he’s put in a transfer request, how dare he treat us so badly after we gave him everything! He’s left us with two days to sign someone.
It’s okay he’s staying- see he loves it here, maybe he’s contented since we re-united with Mcarther. The clubs intent is chrystal clear.
He’s just signed for Genk so can play in the CL- Window closed we’re fuxxed!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

"Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson says Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 26, could still leave Crystal Palace this summer. (Sun)"

Yeah I saw that. Senile old woman rambling again. He really should keep his trap shut. I imagine Beaky was pretty hacked off and wish he would leave it alone.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
EASY :wave: how's you doing? I see you've not changed.

We love our Shithole and let's be honest it's what makes us unique from all these soulless modern day stadiums, nothing wrong with a bit of dirt and concrete.....

Apparently still plenty of tickets for your game tomorrow? call yourself premier league :glare:

Conveniently forgetting the fact that that despite the small capacity of palace's ground they were well down the table of clubs for attendance as a percentage of capacity. Far below Albion's even with our bigger ground.

Never let fact get in the way of the deluded palace fan. They'll be pretending their support doesn't disappear well before 90 minutes next

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I see through it. Once the European window has closed Hodgson will say " Wilf decided he wants to stay as Crystal Palace are a big club, he has signed a new improved contract that will keep him here until 2023"

Cue a Palace fans wankfest and feel good factor to try and ignite their season.

Wilf has not got the cojones to go abroad and play for a genuinely BIG club, end of. Too much of a child to make that sort of life changing move. Although if they offered him a nice car.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I see through it. Once the European window has closed Hodgson will say " Wilf decided he wants to stay as Crystal Palace are a big club, he has signed a new improved contract that will keep him here until 2023"

Wilf has not got the cojones to go abroad and play for a genuinely BIG club, end of. Too much of a child to make that sort of life changing move. Although if they offered him a nice car.....
He couldn't hack it in Manchester so there is no possibility of him leaving Croydon for a foreign land.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
[tweet]1162368617058656258[/tweet]

PR fail... Clearly the media team think showing the Segway "out playing" his team mates in some way shows he is still, resolutely, part of the palace family.

...either Mr Tumble can run rings around your first team defenders... One man team, leaky defense, problems this season, etc

...or, the only way to make Haha look good is put him up against the youth team so he can run rings them... Massaged ego, wannaway, problems this season, etc.

Why CPFC would post this - in f*cking slo-mo, suggests that your media team are trying to undermine their own employer, tinpot, problems this season, etc.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just like they were beside themselves for a little while because of our 'wonky' stadium, their boner about 'debt' will go flacid over time. Let's not forget, we spent £100M to convert to a state of the art stadium whereas they are possibly going to spend £100M for 8,000 extra seats, one state of the art stand yet retaining three rather shite ones. Very crudely, they are possibly going to spend three times as much as us for each additional seat (our £100M got the difference between Withdean and the Amex). I believe the expression is 'wow, just wow'.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Just like they were beside themselves for a little while because of our 'wonky' stadium, their boner about 'debt' will go flacid over time. Let's not forget, we spent £100M to convert to a state of the art stadium whereas they are possibly going to spend £100M for 8,000 extra seats, one state of the art stand yet retaining three rather shite ones. Very crudely, they are possibly going to spend three times as much as us for each additional seat (our £100M got the difference between Withdean and the Amex). I believe the expression is 'wow, just wow'.

The real joy is that in the 9 years since we built the Amex building inflation has increased dramatically, particularly in London, so to actually do the whole ground I reckon they would need another £250m at least on top of the £100m for our West Stand replica. It’s never going to happen. Palace have missed the boat. And they’ve only got one decent player.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Hey, don’t denigrate Mazda’s by associating them with that shower of shite. I owned one once (an RX-8) and it was a decent car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely this ! My little 94 Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX5) imported from Japan in 2007, which I bought in 2009 sails through every MOT, starts on the button and is like driving a go cart, sits in the garage waiting for sunny days to come out to play with still less than 55k on the clock ! Nought wrong with Mazda's as you so rightly imply.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

And amazingly he'll sing his second consecutive extension without a buy out clause.

They deserve each other on grounds of pure stupidity alone.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Conveniently forgetting the fact that that despite the small capacity of palace's ground they were well down the table of clubs for attendance as a percentage of capacity. Far below Albion's even with our bigger ground.

Never let fact get in the way of the deluded palace fan.

Amex capacity - 30,666
Average attendance 2018/19 - 30,426*
% of max capacity - 99.21%

Selhurst capacity - 25,486
Average attendance 2018/19 - 25,455*
% of max capacity- 99.87%

What was that about never letting facts get in the way? ???

*average attendances taken from https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-premier-league-2018-2019/1/

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I suspect the SEGW threatened to strike if his people weren’t allowed to talk to their European suitors before the window slams shut in Europe. Genk looks like a good option for him as he could use them as stepping stone to play for a big club (which is after all, what he is after). Seems to have worked for other Genk players.

Still think the spiv will block him going though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here