Page 363 of 373 FirstFirst ... 263313353360361362363364365366 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3724
  1. #3621
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    50,901


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remind me, when was the last time Palace sold 30,000 tickets for a match...?
    Against Burnley I'd wager back in 1978/9
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #3622
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      54,758


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Croydonbloke View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      EASY how's you doing? I see you've not changed.

      We love our Shithole and let's be honest it's what makes us unique from all these soulless modern day stadiums, nothing wrong with a bit of dirt and concrete.....

      Apparently still plenty of tickets for your game tomorrow? call yourself premier league
      Why would I change ?

      I'd partially agree with you actually. There's a lot to be said for many of the old-style stadiums in this country. Craven Cottage is one of my favourite grounds, they've modernised it beautifully whilst retaining its charm and character. Villa Park is still a grand old venue as well, and similarly Wolves have managed to build up and improve on Molineux over the years.

      Unfortunately, aside from some superficial cladding, none of your spiv owners have invested so much as a brass farthing in Selhurst Park. Which means you are now the "proud" residents of easily the shabbiest, most decrepit and (frankly) embarrassing venue in the top 2 divisions of english football - DESPITE rolling around in the PL millions for about 6 years. Most fans would be embarrassed by that, but oddballs like yourself wield it with some kind of masochistic pride. I suspect the actual reason is, you know that unfortunately, you're stuck with it, like a wart on an eyebrow, and don't want to show any outward signs of admiration or jealousy at clubs who have actually invested and progressed beyond 1974.

      The attendance thing is so, so old. A handful of tickets are left in a 30k stadium, most of which will probably go over the course of today/tomorrow. Is that really all you can try to cling to ?
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #3623
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      51,793


      2 Not allowed!
      25,151 at Selhurst v Everton

      25,433 at their last home game.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #3624
      Listen to me!!! bluenitsuj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Willingdon
      Posts
      2,411


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Croydonbloke View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And by the final whistle
      Remind us all how many tickets were left for your first home game last week.
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".
    • #3625
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      43,454


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bluenitsuj View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Remind us all how many tickets were left for your first home game last week.
      They were still selling them this time last week: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/aug...ace-v-everton/
    • #3626
      Members grubbyhands's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Godalming
      Posts
      1,774


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Remind me, when was the last time Palace sold 30,000 tickets for a match...?
      Probably for the F A Cup final and that was only to watch that wanker Pardew doing his premature victory dancing.
    • #3627
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      42,551


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Croydonbloke View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We love our Shithole and let's be honest it's what makes us unique from all these soulless modern day stadiums, nothing wrong with a bit of dirt and concrete.....
      I would expect you to love it, it's your home, but just because the Amex is well designed and comfortable doesn't make it lack soul.

      Apparently still plenty of tickets for your game tomorrow? call yourself premier league
      Our attendances are always above yours

      Quote Originally Posted by Croydonbloke View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No hurry, let's give it a few months at least!
      I'm not sure what you mean.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
    • #3628
      Banned Dougie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      5,146


      0 Not allowed!
    • #3629
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      43,454


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just imagine him at a club he wanted to play for. He could really be something.
    • #3630
      Listen to me!!! bluenitsuj's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Willingdon
      Posts
      2,411


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's a video of shit players. What's your point
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •