Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm going with our unwashed friend here I'm afraid. The phrase 'Potterball' makes we want to hide behind the sofa and pretend football doesn't exist.
It signals the unshackling. The weight of our dismal 2019 being lifted. A positive and brave future - and for those reasons I love the word.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Golddene didn’t say that at all, they very specifically said that potterball didn’t rely on luck, not that it doesn’t need luck. The two words have very different meanings. ‘Relying’ on luck implies you depend on it, ‘Needing’ luck suggests that sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don’t. Potter was right, his decision making could have backfired, but he didn’t send Maupay and Andone on out of desperation.

You can overanalyse a joke you know. :)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Golddene didn’t say that at all, they very specifically said that potterball didn’t rely on luck, not that it doesn’t need luck. The two words have very different meanings. ‘Relying’ on luck implies you depend on it, ‘Needing’ luck suggests that sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don’t. Potter was right, his decision making could have backfired, but he didn’t send Maupay and Andone on out of desperation.

It's amazing how you have to explain even the most basic words and meanings to our daft palace chums. At times it's like being in charge of a creche of four year olds. Bless 'em

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You can overanalyse a joke you know. :)

So scaffolding up at Stad de Clad, start of the development or adding more cladding?

Stad de Clad.PNG

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
To stop it collapsing perhaps?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

They were going to take away the rust but then realised that there will be nothing left.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I’m sure you realise that was a quote by Potter himself after the game, which I posted in reply to someone saying that Potterball didn’t involve luck.
I certainly didn’t suggest that Brighton were lucky, I just found it funny that someone defining potterball was contradicted by Potter himself. :)

Fvck me you're boring

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can’t remember? I’m hurt.

I still prefer your prose myself.

Apologies, was probably a late-night reading session. I can never remember who says what on here, but sometimes a gem emerges that sticks in the mind, even if the author later becomes blurred.

SEGW / BETM both worthy additions, plus of course the Stad de Clad (again, I can't recall who actually coined that one - wasn't you was it ?).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There's more than gutters that need cleaning. Have they started on the training ground canteen yet?
They recently purchased Goals at Beckenham copers cope road site opposite the main training site for their academies and driving past last week seemed to have done naff all to improve it from the pretty shocking state it was in. They really are decades behind us facility wise.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They recently purchased Goals at Beckenham copers cope road site opposite the main training site for their academies and driving past last week seemed to have done naff all to improve it from the pretty shocking state it was in. They really are decades behind us facility wise.

They'll have spunked £55m on Benteke by next summer though. Money well spent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here