Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not insisting on a 'come and get me' clause in his last 2 contract negotiations is Pritchardesque levels of incompetence.

One that hurt Zahahaha at the time.
& gloriously
Will hurt palace in the future.

Everyone loses.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A quick reminder, he is 28 in November. A year younger than Dunk.

Palace fans think Dunk is now too old for a big move...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty sure it must have been pointed out already but if he hadn't signed his most recent contract extension he'd probably been able to have moved by now. So either he was advised badly or was greedy for the pay rise and that has meant he is now trapped there. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can see him being sold for considerably less than Palace were holding out for last season.
He is now seen as less essential for keeping them in the Premier league and Palace desperately need the money.
He remains a very decent player, who is probably worth £40- £50m.

Changing agent from the chap who is entwined with Parish, was clearly a statement of intent from Zaha.
The wage demands will be the only thing in the way. I wonder whether he will accept a lower salary for the right move?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He’s changed his agent recently, Pin Zahavi will find a way of getting his hands on 10% of a signing on fee. I think the chances of them getting a £70m transfer fee have evaporated now too, what with Covid and his apparent loss of form this season.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Zaha would be a great signing for Arsenal, it would be good for him too.
How they reinvest the £50-60m will directly influence their mid term future. I’m not aware of another Zaha or Wan-Bassaka coming through their ranks. So if they feck this up they’ll be CPFC2024 before we know it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
A quick reminder, he is 28 in November. A year younger than Dunk.

Palace fans think Dunk is now too old for a big move...

His age is critical. Any club that takes him in the next window will know there is very little sell-on value. Jadon Sancho may well cost £100m, but he's 20. Plus he is MILES better than Zahahaha....just look at the stats!! Timo Werner cost around £50m, but is only 24 - plus he scores about a goal a game. I honestly can't see why anyone would pay more than £25m - £30m for Zahahaha, absolute max. Only the big clubs have the money in this Covid-age, and they either already have better wingers, or - if not - will be aiming higher.

And, in relation to Dunk, centre backs obviously last longer than wingers - Dunky should have at least another 5 years at the top - possibly more - look at Cahill :smile:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
His age is critical. Any club that takes him in the next window will know there is very little sell-on value. Jadon Sancho may well cost £100m, but he's 20. Plus he is MILES better than Zahahaha....just look at the stats!! Timo Werner cost around £50m, but is only 24 - plus he scores about a goal a game. I honestly can't see why anyone would pay more than £25m - £30m for Zahahaha, absolute max. Only the big clubs have the money in this Covid-age, and they either already have better wingers, or - if not - will be aiming higher.

And, in relation to Dunk, centre backs obviously last longer than wingers - Dunky should have at least another 5 years at the top - possibly more - look at Cahill :smile:
Man U also have a 40% sell on fee apparently......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would love it if we had someone of his ability coming through from our youngsters.

According to Leeds fans, Ben White is already 40 times better than Dunk and will be proclaimed King of England shortly so we don't need to worry.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
According to Leeds fans, Ben White is already 40 times better than Dunk and will be proclaimed King of England shortly so we don't need to worry.

He said one of ours, not one of theirs. He must be theirs, they keep saying we can't afford him.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Pretty sure it must have been pointed out already but if he hadn't signed his most recent contract extension he'd probably been able to have moved by now. So either he was advised badly or was greedy for the pay rise and that has meant he is now trapped there. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

In actual fact Zaha is sitting quite pretty.
By signing a highly paid, long term contract he has secured his and his family's financial security. Such deals will be a rarity in the post-Covid world.

What both Covid and Zaha's very average contribution this season has done is to massively reduce his value.
The only way Zaha will move is if Palace accept a greatly reduced bid from what they were hoping for 12 months ago and also if the player himself is prepared to take a reduction in wages.

I can't somehow see him accepting a pay cut or anyone offering CPFC2010 more than about £25m. And then as mentioned by others, a large percentage of any fee received by Palace will need to be paid to Manchester United.

Unfortunately for CrystalPalace2010 the current equity in Wilf that they thought they possessed is not looking as substantial as they might have budgeted for.

However, it's very lucky for their magnificent supporters that they have the £120 million ring-fenced for the new stand, otherwise that exciting project might be in severe doubt.
And the other good news is that the average age of their squad is so low.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Genuine question. Who else do they actually have that they can sell for a decent fee to balance the books? Or are they praying that Disney cons some other foreigners to chuck a load of cash in to cover the losses?

They always seem to pull something out of the bag, but the bag looks to be empty.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Yes sorry, that was exactly my point. Zaha's game also relies on speed, which is getting slower by the day.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
However, it's very lucky for their magnificent supporters that they have the £120 million ring-fenced for the new stand, otherwise that exciting project might be in severe doubt. And the other good news is that the average age of their squad is so low.
Don't forget their progressive young manager. Looking down on us with a massive gap in the league table too - Palace appear to hold all the aces at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here