Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that what Cahill is though? He's not top 6 any more, but is he not still decent?

Well he's certainly towards the end of his career, but we've had success with players who have been in the same position.

He's not there to make them money, as AWB has, but he's there to defend and I'd imagine he can do that.

We'll find out soon enough.

He's alright, will do a job. But its another short-term signing and yet another major boost to their wagebill (they were running at 79% wages-to-turnover last year, which in the PL is EYEWATERING). Zero resale value, he's hardly one for the future.

They are a club that is now living hand-to-mouth. An aging, expensive squad playing in a shabby run-down slum, owned by a spiv chairman who wants out, and a couple of fly-by-night yanks who are only in it to see what they can rake out of it.

In the horrific event of me somehow being a Palace fan, I'd be worried.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
They've signed a stopgap. The fact that they're trawling the market for freebie over-the-hill has-beens tells you all you need to know about the parlous state of their finances. They've spaffed SO MUCH cash on the transfer fees of the likes of Benteke and Sakho (who they are still paying for) and the utterly crippling wages of those two plus the likes of Meyer and the SEGW, they have very little room for manoeuvre in the transfer market now.

They are bringing in players like Cahill very much on the downward slope, arse-end of their careers. And hopeless budget cack-filled cases like Jordan Ayew (ONE goal last season). Its all coming home to roost at the Stade de Clad.

Lovely.

Now THIS is some good internet content right here.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
They've signed a stopgap. The fact that they're trawling the market for freebie over-the-hill has-beens tells you all you need to know about the parlous state of their finances. They've spaffed SO MUCH cash on the transfer fees of the likes of Benteke and Sakho (who they are still paying for) and the utterly crippling wages of those two plus the likes of Meyer and the SEGW, they have very little room for manoeuvre in the transfer market now.

They are bringing in players like Cahill very much on the downward slope, arse-end of their careers. And hopeless budget cack-filled cases like Jordan Ayew (ONE goal last season). Its all coming home to roost at the Stade de Clad.

Lovely.

Good use of the word Spaffed. :thumbsup:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Tumble isn't going anywhere in this window, can't see Charming letting his main asset go with such little time in the window left.

Palace have made it clear they need payment in full and very few clubs have that amount of cash. A Palace mate came up with an interesting spin on this saga, Zaha to Chelsea in the winter window(providing the transfer ban is lifted) with the full back Reece James and the striker Michy Batshuayi going the other way plus cash, sort of makes sense.

I keep hearing their fans wanting him to go Chelsea next season but do Chelsea even want him? The delusion is they can get cash plus players where as I thought Mr Charming wanted cash upfront?

Plus Chelsea have never shown interest before as far as I know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On Twitter, a few Leeds and Derby fans are arguing about who has got the best new superstar centre back........and they’re both ours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
:lol:

That is of course great news. Now we have to make sure we don't let our players go on the cheap. Connor Goldson is another excellent centre back we had, but we let him go cheaply.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's alright, will do a job. But its another short-term signing and yet another major boost to their wagebill (they were running at 79% wages-to-turnover last year, which in the PL is EYEWATERING). Zero resale value, he's hardly one for the future.

They are a club that is now living hand-to-mouth. An aging, expensive squad playing in a shabby run-down slum, owned by a spiv chairman who wants out, and a couple of fly-by-night yanks who are only in it to see what they can rake out of it.

In the horrific event of me somehow being a Palace fan, I'd be worried.

It won't be long before there's a daytime TV appeal advert in their benefit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Twitter, a few Leeds and Derby fans are arguing about who has got the best new superstar centre back........and they’re both ours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I do hope you answered them both with:-

Brighton and Hove Albion.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sad I know, but I’m wondering how the SEGW is feeling right now? He must be p1ssed off that he’s stuck at the Stad du Clad for at least another few months, and his beloved Gooners refused to splash the cash on him, but instead paid out big for his superior Ivory Coast nemesis. Hilarious [emoji23]. Toys out the pram soon methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Screenshot 2019-08-06 at 14.26.30.png

From the Telegraph today

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wilfried Zaha transfer latest as Everton launch ‘£100m mega deal’ for Crystal Palace ace

Everton are desperate to sign Wilfried Zaha before Thursday's deadline and have offered Crystal Palace cash plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy

Everton are preparing to send Crystal Palace an eye-watering £100million mega deal for Wilfried Zaha.

The Toffees have assembled an offer which includes £65m plus striker Cenk Tosun and midfielder James McCarthy to present to Palace,

Despite the move being what would be a record fee spent by a British club, it would fall below the Eagles' valuation of £120m.

£120m :ffsparr:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wilfried Zaha transfer latest as Everton launch ‘£100m mega deal’ for Crystal Palace ace

Everton are desperate to sign Wilfried Zaha before Thursday's deadline and have offered Crystal Palace cash plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy

Everton are preparing to send Crystal Palace an eye-watering £100million mega deal for Wilfried Zaha.

The Toffees have assembled an offer which includes £65m plus striker Cenk Tosun and midfielder James McCarthy to present to Palace,

Despite the move being what would be a record fee spent by a British club, it would fall below the Eagles' valuation of £120m.

That is hilarious [emoji23] £120m. [emoji23]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Where’s that from as it sounds like utter sensationalist bollocks :lol:

Edit - yep, the mirror. I think it’s clear Haha is going to be forced to stay against his will now...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wednesday are in for him?

Well, any club who can get him away from the Stad du Clad! ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here