Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Gotta feel for the poor lad, staying there.

screen320x480.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it will highlight when he has dived!
Yes you're right. However, word is that the way it's going to be used in the PL this season is that if the VAR team can see why the ref gave something (eg, a penalty), then they won't overturn it. Which makes VAR seem pointless (I think there are going to be a lot of problems with VAR that need addressing this season).

I would hope that refs are a little more cautious giving out penalties, as they know that if there really is one, then VAR will give it. With the VAR rules as they've been described, I'd rather see refs only give penalties when they're sure.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I told all of you he would stay and stay he has :rave:
Watch him terrorise defences this season and btw he owes you .

Ridiculous comment, he’s less of a threat to us having been refused a transfer and being stuck with your mess of a football club [emoji23], uncle Woy even had to send the melt home because he spat his dummy out, what a state.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hodgson just said he's going to speak to Wilf tommorow and...

"hopefully by then he will have come to terms with the fact that he will be staying at Crystal Palace".

:lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Wilf isn’t too upset. He is now playing for a team that he’s requested to leave.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly. I said this a year ago. He wanted out then, and when he signed I felt sure he must have got a release clause.

I have no experience of footballer's contracts, but I'm not joking when I say I could do a better job than his agent has, if what's he's said about an 'agreement he could go' is true.

The other side of the coin is that by signing a contract he was giving CP the chance of a bigger fee when they sold him. The flaw is that they didn't agree a release clause which would have set the value. Seems the 'gentlemen's agreement' was that if they got a reasonable fee they'd let him go. Should have decided at the time what was reasonable!!!

Still, happy days for us.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Didn't Napoli state that they are prepared to pay £54mill and their window closes 23rd August, they also have Champions League football to offer. So he may go yet

So Napoli are prepared to pay approx £20m less than the bid Palace rejected from Everton?

I'm not convinced that'll do the trick, to be honest.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So Napoli are prepared to pay approx £20m less than the bid Palace rejected from Everton?

But not selling to a team in the same league, ticks the box for CL football, and if quoted in Euro's it's now probably worth £154m given the falling exchange rate

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Bayern Munich also now could be interested again after the Sane injury. So still possible with those two clubs reportedly interested
If that happens can you imagine his sulking levels

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

A fair point. The only thing that could conceivably swing it is if he’s really angry, goes on strike and a Mexican Stand-off develops. Admittedly unlikely but still just about possible.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Me neither.

Being rational, if Palace now sell the SEGW to the likes of Napoli, then they couldn't buy a replacement till the window opens in January. Though the Wan-Bissaka money apparently disappeared into thin air, and no replacement was bought, surely even Palace wouldn't be so dumb as to try the same trick twice.

Being irrational, as Parish is wont to do, the SEGW is already worth £140m simply because his value goes up £20m a week. So by the time Napoli get round to submitting an offer, they need to be thinking in terms of £180m minimum. Which is of course a bargain for the Third Best Player in the World, who will inevitably become #1 when Ronaldo and Messi call it a day in the next few years.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Hodgson just said he's going to speak to Wilf tommorow and...

"hopefully by then he will have come to terms with the fact that he will be staying at Crystal Palace".

:lolol:

Truly the best part, almost as if Woy himself is a bit like "Fckin' hell, am I still here as well? Should have thrown in the towel like Big Sam."

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't waste your money, VAR doesn't give out yellows.

I was going along the lines of The Diving One being booked after VAR overruling an awarded penalty. Is that not going to happen with Premier league version of VAR?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here