Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Only problem with that is that the Ox is better than Wilf. I can’t see that happening unless Liverpool know AOC is more seriously injured than thought.

If that’s the case, the Ox would fail a medical , and be sent to the abattoir.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If that’s the case, the Ox would fail a medical , and be sent to the abattoir.

Joking aside, my Palace chum, do you seriously think that Klopp would use AOC as a makeweight for Zaha?

I really don’t think he would:

A) Go. If LFC are European Champions in 2 weeks, would Ox really be happy to swap Anfield for Selhurst. Especially if he’s fit. Klopp has spoken often enough about his love for him.

B) fit into your squad. He suits playing with the 3 Liverpool forwards, not sure your system would adapt.

Besides. Everyone knows that Zaha is overpriced (if the £80+ million is to be believed). The Man Utd sell on clause means you’re trying to pad his value so you don’t have to bite the bullet.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Joking aside, my Palace chum, do you seriously think that Klopp would use AOC as a makeweight for Zaha?

I really don’t think he would:

A) Go. If LFC are European Champions in 2 weeks, would Ox really be happy to swap Anfield for Selhurst. Especially if he’s fit. Klopp has spoken often enough about his love for him.

B) fit into your squad. He suits playing with the 3 Liverpool forwards, not sure your system would adapt.

Besides. Everyone knows that Zaha is overpriced (if the £80+ million is to be believed). The Man Utd sell on clause means you’re trying to pad his value so you don’t have to bite the bullet.

Wilf would be a sensation in that Liverpool front 3. He’s played in all those positions for us, and would revel playing with better quality teammates.
Price wise , who knows, I know our valuation to theirs wouldn’t be the same, but like most Palace fans, I hope he stays.
For all your lots bluster about him, there is no doubting his ability, and he deserves a bigger stage.
Btw, why the Dulwich u boat name? Is there any reason for Dulwich ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Wilf would be a sensation in that Liverpool front 3. He’s played in all those positions for us, and would revel playing with better quality teammates.
Price wise , who knows, I know our valuation to theirs wouldn’t be the same, but like most Palace fans, I hope he stays.
For all your lots bluster about him, there is no doubting his ability, and he deserves a bigger stage.

Heard all that before. He got his big move and was absolutely pony. Untied couldn't wait to get rid. :lolol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Heard all that before. He got his big move and was absolutely pony. Untied couldn't wait to get rid. :lolol:

TBF he was only 20 then, 6 years later he is a different man, not only that Fergie bought him the left and Moyles was not that outstanding for Man U either.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No argument that he's a talented player. Other than the obvious wind ups and fishing trips ..

Don't think he will go anywhere though , Recently signed a new deal which keeps the asking price high.
If Palace don't need to sell, they will stick to their guns on the overstated price.

Unless Wilf decides to go on strike (doubtful), or if he has inserted a release clause in his last contract, then it's entirely down to Palace wanting to get rid ( they won't)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
TBF he was only 20 then, 6 years later he is a different man, not only that Fergie bought him the left and Moyles was not that outstanding for Man U either.

The goonsquad still had the SEGW pegged as Messi, Pele and Best all rolled into one back then though. Just as they did Joniesta, who was all set to bestride Europe with his astonishing talent, or so we were told. I think he ended up on loan at Ipswich didn't he ?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Strikes me that Wilf loves being the big fish in a small pond. He won't be at Chelsea, PSG or Spurs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Strikes me that Wilf loves being the big fish in a small pond. He won't be at Chelsea, PSG or Spurs.

Also why he quickly changed his nationality to Ivory Coast

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He cant waste another year at Palace and he knows it hence the transfer request.

He literally does it every year, in order to extract another £10k a week and the latest matt-finished Bentley Continental out of them. He knows full well that nobody would EVER pay the pie-in-the-sky transfer fee for him, or pick up the tab on his gargantuan deal.

He's very loyal like that.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He literally does it every year, in order to extract another £10k a week and the latest matt-finished Bentley Continental out of them. He knows full well that nobody would EVER pay the pie-in-the-sky transfer fee for him, or pick up the tab on his gargantuan deal.

He's very loyal like that.

Loyalty doesnt come into it, he is an employee, a highly rated employee, so he keeps asking for more money...a bit like Mr Dunk. If my company or your company really wanted you at any cost I am sure we would make them pay a high cost :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Loyalty doesnt come into it, he is an employee, a highly rated employee, so he keeps asking for more money...a bit like Mr Dunk. If my company or your company really wanted you at any cost I am sure we would make them pay a high cost :)

That's a fair comment re: Dunk, but we are not talking the same levels.
There comes a point where the wage demands are not sustainable and at that point he will need to find an employer that can afford him.

If we were still offering him pay rises knowing that we had just made a loss of £36m , I would be very disappointed.
But that is effectively what happened last season with Zaha isn't it?

Surely that approach isn't sustainable?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
That's a fair comment re: Dunk, but we are not talking the same levels.
There comes a point where the wage demands are not sustainable and at that point he will need to find an employer that can afford him.

If we were still offering him pay rises knowing that we had just made a loss of £36m , I would be very disappointed.
But that is effectively what happened last season with Zaha isn't it?

Surely that approach isn't sustainable?

Albion have been doing exactly that with Dunk whilst posting £39m and £26m losses

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Both Palace and the Albion made similar modest profits last accounts submitted, £11.2m & £12.9m if the figures are to be believed. All this willy waving is a moot point, both Zaha and Dunk will go where their bank balances profit most, I suspect that will be at different teams for both of them next season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Albion have been doing exactly that with Dunk whilst posting £39m and £26m losses
In the Premier League? Really?

Oh you're on about Championship finances again aren't you. The same nonsense that's been debunked over and over again. Give it a rest.

Palace are losing money hand over fist IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

The wages and fees you have paid and are paying are unsustainable even with £100m+ of PL TV money. Why can't you understand this?

I'm sure you can, you just don't want to because it hurts to recognise the truth. You keep banging on about irrelevant Championship figures while your sinking ship pisses money it doesn't have up the wall though. I'm sure Thaksin will save you.....

[emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Both Palace and the Albion made similar modest profits last accounts submitted, £11.2m & £12.9m if the figures are to be believed. All this willy waving is a moot point, both Zaha and Dunk will go where their bank balances profit most, I suspect that will be at different teams for both of them next season.
No, Palace lost £36m.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To

Which of the three LFC forwards would he replace?
His overall game is not as good as either Salah or Mane’ so, it would have to be Firminho, who plays down the middle.
Remind me, how many did he score in the first half of the season playing in the centre for you?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

We posted those losses whilst in the championship.
We hadn't reached the ceiling of our income potential.

It was a gamble that paid off.

That isn't the same position that you were in last season.
Do you think it's sustainable to keep increasing the top salaries for your top players?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here