Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If the last few games I have watched using VAR is the norm, I predict loads of penalties to all teams. And most of them scored as encroachment and keepers feet off the line will make not scoring harder. Also be prepared to leave a 3 KO at past 5 o'clock !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If the last few games I have watched using VAR is the norm, I predict loads of penalties to all teams. And most of them scored as encroachment and keepers feet off the line will make not scoring harder. Also be prepared to leave a 3 KO at past 5 o'clock !

Did Tumble make training this morning?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Imagine if he goes on loan to Germany or somewhere. Their season is truly screwed before it has even started. Even if he stays he is going to be even more sulky than normal. Their best bet would have been to not be so greedy, let him go to Everton or whoever for a reasonable (not ridiculous) price and just get on with rebuilding during the window.

Their problem is it has been obvious for several seasons that Zaha makes them a one man team, and rather than doing anything abut that they have played to it. His ability has papered over the cracks of a failing club and now they are in massive do dos.

Shame. Massive shame. :)

I feel your pain :ffsparr:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And at the precise same time, Everton managed to contact Palace sufficiently to complete the sale of McCarthy. :D

Is that a fact?
Why is it that the McCarthy deal was completed on the 7th August and the Mail headlines claims they tried to contact the Palace Owners all day on deadline day 8th August
Seems you are as bad as your chairman and your statements can't be trusted!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"but clearly the winger wants to leave Crystal Palace, and apparently the Eagles “have reluctantly agreed to revisit his future in January”
Oh well that's all sorted then, because it's become quite clear that Parish is a man of his word :lolol:

Reluctantly agreed to revisit :rolleyes: In Palace terms, that means **** all.

If I were Zaha (and agent) I'd be explaining things to Parish in real simple terms.
'I've given everything I can to this club, and I've been happy here and well paid, but we had an agreement - no, not in writing, so I won't be going to court, but we had an agreement, and you've gone against it. There are two choices for now going forward: 1) You change nothing, and I go through the motions. 2) We sign a new contract, identical to the existing one but with a release clause for January, and I give everything I can, as I always have. Whadya say ya beaky c***?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall given Sky's snippet this morning:

Zaha has a personal 'beef' with Palace owner Steve Parish over remaining at Selhurst Park, manager Roy Hodgson admitted yesterday, and was given the day off training because of his mental state.

I think you need to be pretty batshit to get sent home for emotional reasons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall given Sky's snippet this morning:

Zaha has a personal 'beef' with Palace owner Steve Parish over remaining at Selhurst Park, manager Roy Hodgson admitted yesterday, and was given the day off training because of his mental state.

I think you need to be pretty batshit to get sent home for emotional reasons.

He probably started crying, dived and started rolling around on the floor

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
It's all quite funny and sad at the same time.

Lad has talent that's not going to be fully recognised at Palace. But Palace thought they'd play a blinder and get the fee they were demanding and now have missed out on a huge pay day AND have a player who is quite open about wanting to leave. Should he want to leave in January, would he play himself into the ground and potentially risk injury/fatigue which could jeopardise a potential move in January or does he just do what he needs to do, which may not be his full ability to avoid injury and fatigue in case a move does fruitate. Additionally, could this attitude that he's too good for the club rub off the wrong way on his team mates and cause an issue in the dressing room? I doubt it would be hugely disruptive, but always something to consider.

I'm not fond of the lad, but recognise he's quality. This could blow up in Palace's face, which is what will be hilarious for us. The sad thing is, this could be detrimental to Zaha's career as he's in his prime now and if he doesn't try to elevate himself to a higher level, he may never be able to have that opportunity.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He probably started crying, dived and started rolling around on the floor

:)

Before finishing with a tribute to his his favourite film.

250px-Platoon_2002_game.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here