Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Everton have publicly denied offering 55 million, McCarthy and Tosun for Mr Tumble.

I should think they have grounds for a slander lawsuit, on the allegation they would over pay by that much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still think that Palace keeping Zaha as a prisoner, against his will, is the best solution.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The Football Ramble chaps believe any deal with Arsenal was a non-starter because palace were/are demanding all the cash up front.

I can't imagine when was the last time a multi million pound deal was done in such a way.

I have mentioned that before. Buy a shit striker from Liverpool on credit yet refuse to sell a player on credit. You can't think 'no financial problems' but you can ignore it. Their fans should be very worried on the financial front. They won't be.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
As a prisoner :clap::clap::clap:

51DfleJ-u1L.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have mentioned that before. Buy a shit striker from Liverpool on credit yet refuse to sell a player on credit. You can't think 'no financial problems' but you can ignore it. Their fans should be very worried on the financial front. They won't be.

I know someone well connected with Parrish, known him a lot of years. He told me in 2016 the plan had been to invest in the team and leave the Stade de Clad to carry on depreciating until they had to do something about it. They believed that the signings they made that year would make them a top 6 club, and they would build on that and establish themselves as a Champions League team. This is what was sold to the Americans. Well, it appears now that it was all pie in the sky, Pardew wasn’t the messiah that Parrish thought he was , and Benteke will never be a 30 goal a season striker, if he ever was.

Now, the money has by and large disappeared on very high wages for sub standard players, multiple managers pay offs, and the Yanks asking for a return on their investment.
This all comes from a fella that has shared a car on away trips with Parrish, and has entertained him in his own home.

He also says even if Tumblie goes, Palace can’t afford to spend big this window.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yet again you show yourself up for being incapable of actually reading what has actually been posted.

Feel free to quote the post where I said that.
Yet again you turn up with your semantics when you can't actually back up the point that you originally started with. The Zaha/Man U deal.

Haven't you had enough of being made to look completely stupid?

Oops, gotta go, they've just rung the BELL.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Explain your casual racism remark
Heshe likes to ignore things when they've gone against them. Heshe still hasn't commented on us winning at the Amex with 10 men.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know someone well connected with Parrish, known him a lot of years. He told me in 2016 the plan had been to invest in the team and leave the Stade de Clad to carry on depreciating until they had to do something about it. They believed that the signings they made that year would make them a top 6 club, and they would build on that and establish themselves as a Champions League team. This is what was sold to the Americans. Well, it appears now that it was all pie in the sky, Pardew wasn’t the messiah that Parrish thought he was , and Benteke will never be a 30 goal a season striker, if he ever was.

Now, the money has by and large disappeared on very high wages for sub standard players, multiple managers pay offs, and the Yanks asking for a return on their investment.
This all comes from a fella that has shared a car on away trips with Parrish, and has entertained him in his own home.

He also says even if Tumblie goes, Palace can’t afford to spend big this window.

That 2016 stuff doesn't surprise me. Reckless expectations.

I have got some sympathy with their stadium situation though. For a club that's only been around since 2010 their options are limited. There appears to be no viable alternative site in the area, so they will have to do the best with what they have. I can also understand they want to upgrage their third world stadium but again, the plans seem shockingly devised. The money would be spent better doing up all the stands. But what do I know?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That 2016 stuff doesn't surprise me. Reckless expectations.

I have got some sympathy with their stadium situation though. For a club that's only been around since 2010 their options are limited. There appears to be no viable alternative site in the area, so they will have to do the best with what they have. I can also understand they want to upgrage their third world stadium but again, the plans seem shockingly devised. The money would be spent better doing up all the stands. But what do I know?
In principle I agree however, what money? They don't have any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here