Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
soz, i did embolden "who he employs"

edit: no i didn't, but it is in brackets

Judicael Zaha said: “Wilfried will always hold Crystal Palace and their fans in the highest regard and all the support they have given means the world to him. It is my brother’s dream, though, to play for Arsenal. Given all that Wilfried has given to Crystal Palace to help them remain a Premier League club, I hope Palace will be able to see their way to agreeing a deal with Arsenal that allows Wilfried to realise his dream of playing European football for the club he has supported since childhood.”

The point is - the person he "employs" is publically speaking for him, on his behalf, at his request. Just because he is not saying it himself, doesn't mean he is not agitating for a move. His brother has made it perfectly clear that this is the SEGW's desire. No doubt 'Judicael' will receive a nice bit of wedge if his brother gets sold, so he has his own reasons to stir the pot. But there's no way he's NOT doing this without his brothers full blessing (being as god is great, etc etc).

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
19:05
EVERTON LAUNCH SECOND ZAHA BID

Everton have made second bid to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha, according to Sky sources.

The offer is believed to be worth £55m, plus Cenk Tosun and James McCarthy.

Nice way of trying to get rid of a couple of spanners.

Everton have since released a statement denying they made this second bid, furthermore saying they are no longer interested in buying him.

Looks like he's staying with Palace after all, although there is still the Chelsea and Bayern rumours i suppose, Oh and Barcelona surely:lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could tell that was bollocks. No club would bid £55mil and 2 players for someone who’s market value has been proven to be £40mil tops.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Everton are that desperate to offload perhaps Tosun would prefer to come a little further south.

He fails all of my extensive benchmarks, as I've heard of him AND seen him play, but even so I don't think it would be the worst deal the club could turn too, in this it's darkest hour.

Wages - blah blah blah.

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Someone else on here had this misconception as well. When a player is sold, he does NOT have the remainder of his contract paid up by the selling club. Otherwise, what would be the point of trying to reduce your wagebill by offloading players ? When a player is transferred and his registration passes to the buying club, his contract is cancelled by the selling club and thats the end of their financial commitment to him.

If a player goes out on loan then often his parent club will continue paying a % of his wage to share the burden with the borrowing club, but I've never heard one instance of a club paying out the remainder of a players existing contract when he moves clubs in a permanent transfer. That would make no sense.

Cheers Easy. I'd seen it on this thread I think so I was wondering about it. The only logical argument I could think of against the 'sometimes they are trying to offload a high wage earner' was that the selling club would use some of the funds to cover the contract pay out. But in many cases in the lower leagues, it probably wouldn't cover it. It does make you wonder why Real are pushing back on the China offer for Bale - surely they want rid of the eye-watering wages and they aren't likely to get a massive fee for him simply due to his wage demands etc. Maybe it's as simple as Zidane not wanting him to be a £1m per week player and blocking him solely based on that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers Easy. I'd seen it on this thread I think so I was wondering about it. The only logical argument I could think of against the 'sometimes they are trying to offload a high wage earner' was that the selling club would use some of the funds to cover the contract pay out. But in many cases in the lower leagues, it probably wouldn't cover it. It does make you wonder why Real are pushing back on the China offer for Bale - surely they want rid of the eye-watering wages and they aren't likely to get a massive fee for him simply due to his wage demands etc. Maybe it's as simple as Zidane not wanting him to be a £1m per week player and blocking him solely based on that.

Apparently Florentino Perez pulled the plug on the chinese deal for Bale because Real were not going to receive a fee for him (they paid £85m for him, and he still has 3 years left on his contract). Which you can kind of understand, but then again, they're now left saddled with a 30 year old player who they are paying £600k a week for, who is (at best) going to be sat scratching his arse on the bench for the rest of his contract. Certainly all the time ZZ is there anyway.

Its hard to feel sorry for someone on £600k a week and who spends most of his life on a spanish golf course. But its such a chronic waste of a player who at his best is an absolute thrill to watch. What a waste, and a sad way to end a stellar career.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Its hard to feel sorry for someone on £600k a week and who spends most of his life on a spanish golf course. But its such a chronic waste of a player who at his best is an absolute thrill to watch. What a waste, and a sad way to end a stellar career.

I agree entirely. He could have been a legend if he'd been injured less and tried to fit in a bit more. Might be bs, but lots of reports about him not bothering much with his teammates, not learning the language etc. Not going to endear you to people if you act like that - it's a team sport after all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree entirely. He could have been a legend if he'd been injured less and tried to fit in a bit more. Might be bs, but lots of reports about him not bothering much with his teammates, not learning the language etc. Not going to endear you to people if you act like that - it's a team sport after all.

Yes, he's been there 6 years now, so to have made no effort with the language is both odd and very isolating. His own team mates know him as 'The Golfer' which tells its own tale, so I don't believe those reports are BS. He just hasn't integrated himself there, which I think is strange. Compare that with Kieran Trippier who has just moved to Atlético a week or two ago, and is already making an effort to learn the language and converse with his team mates. Why WOULDN'T you do that ?

On footballing terms, Bale is clearly a supreme professional. He's won the Champions League there 4 times, twice scoring worldy's. And he's never made any waves or gone gobbing off in the press about his situation. It just strikes me as a very sad way for his career to wind down in this manner, when he clearly still has so much to offer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sure that can and has happened when the club he goes to cannot or will not pay the full value of his existing contract. But the notion that a player routinely gets the remainder of his contract paid up in a lump sum or otherwise if he's sold before the end of it is incorrect. Under all (normal) circumstances, once he is sold, his contract with the selling club is simply terminated when he leaves for another club.

I was just trying to give our friends up the road an insight into their future when Haha gets a season ending injury and they get relegated. They'll be so desperate to offload him they'll take £25 million and still be paying him £30,000 a week as they head towards another administration.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was just trying to give our friends up the road an insight into their future when Haha gets a season ending injury and they get relegated. They'll be so desperate to offload him they'll take £25 million and still be paying him £30,000 a week as they head towards another administration.
Mt Tumble's value will only... er tumble from this window onwards...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Might piss him off a bit when Pepe gets his spot in the Ivory Coast side, as well as the place he wanted at Arsenal. He can moan at his brother for not putting a release fee in the contract, but ultimately he has the choice of waiting four years for his contract to run down, or making it not worth your while keeping him. On the other hand, VAR this season may make CPFC realise he has had his day, and falling over is not as valuable as it once was.

Totally this in relation to Pépé ghosting Wilfs place at both Arsenal and on international stage.

The lack of a release clause being negotiated by Judicael (sic) Zaha when Wilf returned from his abject failure in Manchester to achieve anything more than an alleged bunk up with Moyes’ daughter the phrase “beggars can’t be choosers” applies. I imagine the bolly eyed turf magnet was pretty embarrassed with himself and keen to take whatever shitty deal on offer.

Oh how Parish must have been pleased with his cunning deal making...sell Zaha for £10 million...re-sign him for £3 million, “heh heh heh...what’s that.. a 25% sell on fee? Heh heh heh...sure, why not. It’s not like the Premier League will utterly transform into an oil funded financial behemoth where transfers of over £100 million will become commonplace and Wilf will have to be sold for twice his worth to cover up my own ineptitude...where do I sign”

“Oh shit.”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally this in relation to Pépé ghosting Wilfs place at both Arsenal and on international stage.

The lack of a release clause being negotiated by Judicael (sic) Zaha when Wilf returned from his abject failure in Manchester to achieve anything more than an alleged bunk up with Moyes’ daughter the phrase “beggars can’t be choosers” applies. I imagine the bolly eyed turf magnet was pretty embarrassed with himself and keen to take whatever shitty deal on offer.

Oh how Parish must have been pleased with his cunning deal making...sell Zaha for £10 million...re-sign him for £3 million, “heh heh heh...what’s that.. a 25% sell on fee? Heh heh heh...sure, why not. It’s not like the Premier League will utterly transform into an oil funded financial behemoth where transfers of over £100 million will become commonplace and Wilf will have to be sold for twice his worth to cover up my own ineptitude...where do I sign”

“Oh shit.”

The Football Ramble chaps believe any deal with Arsenal was a non-starter because palace were/are demanding all the cash up front.

I can't imagine when was the last time a multi million pound deal was done in such a way.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

“Oh shit.”

I can't decide which I prefer,"Bolly eyed turf magnet" or "swivel eyed gravity whore" both fitting and magnificent descriptions.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

“Oh shit.”
I'd give you a thumbs up for that but I don't want to cause you unnecessary stress.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Football Ramble chaps believe any deal with Arsenal was a non-starter because palace were/are demanding all the cash up front.

I can't imagine when was the last time a multi million pound deal was done in such a way.
Unsurprising though, seeing as they are SKINT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't decide which I prefer,"Bolly eyed turf magnet" or "swivel eyed gravity whore" both fitting and magnificent descriptions.

Agreed.

BETM and SEGW both highly welcome additions to our vernacular. Add in the Stad de Clad, and we truly are living in a golden age.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"Martin Tyler here, excited to be reporting from the Stade De Clad where the Bolly Eyed Turf Magnet will be falling over today for the Jesters. The coked up chavs in black are banging their drum and Alan Smith has just dodged a falling piece of masonry. What a shithole..... AND IT'S LIVE!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While that might happen at a normal club with some self respect, Palace wouldn't take £25m in an effort to pay their bills, they'd carry on as if nothing was wrong until they could no longer afford to pay the cleaners, at which point they'd enter administration number 3. Even then, they'd do everything they could to avoid selling players, choosing to screw over others instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here