Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We are back to square one. :)

I’ll say it again, I think Zaha will gain from VAR, whilst most on here think he’ll get booked more often for diving. Whose right? Nobody knows yet.

We will know whose right this time next year. Feel free to bump this post if I’m wrong.
*who’s

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I’ll say it again, I think Zaha will gain from VAR, whilst most on here think he’ll get booked more often for diving. Whose right? Nobody knows yet.

We will know whose right this time next year. Feel free to bump this post if I’m wrong.

You said he is "perceived as a diver". This is factually inaccurate, as he DOES dive a lot. The way he plays means he gets fouled a lot, but he also dives a lot.

I think both will feel they are right, as he will continue to both dive a lot, and get fouled a lot. He is both a diver and someone who gets fouled a lot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funnily enough, there’s not a KFC in South Norwood and around Selhurst.
But some nice jerk chicken to be had .

There’s a lot of Jamaicans in that area I think.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Whose is the possessive form of who. Who's is the contraction of who is (or who has).
"Whose right" could be correct. "Someone whose right it is to get things completely wrong about Zaha" for example. I.e. Anyone who supports Palace.

But clearly not in that context.

However, this thread recently has proved that Palace don't do context. They just do thick.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I suspect like most players he will have to amend his game slightly to ensure that there is contact when he goes down and it isn't instigated by him, i.e. trailing leg etc.. which I hope will get clamped down on too, this will apply to Wilf, Knockaert, Salah, Alli etc...

In the same way defenders are going to have to learn to defend without pulling shirts, holding and so on, or they will also get caught out.

So I think you are right that we might not actually see a rise in the number of bookings, but I suspect there will be a change of attitude.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Whose is the possessive form of who. Who's is the contraction of who is (or who has).

I used it with regard to which of us would be proved correct, hence the possessive form. If I’m wrong to use it in that way on here then so be it, i’ll try harder next time to meet the NSC grammar rules. :D

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I used it with regard to which of us would be proved correct, hence the possessive form. If I’m wrong to use it in that way on here then so be it, i’ll try harder next time to meet the NSC grammar rules. :D

I read it as "who is right" which you've just confirmed is what you meant. So that isn't the possessive form. Please do try harder in future!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I read it as "who is right" which you've just confirmed is what you meant. So that isn't the possessive form. Please do try harder in future!

Should I have tried to explain by saying that I didn’t know with which person the correct answer would be associated with?

Or just try harder in the future? :D

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Should I have tried to explain by saying that I didn’t know with which person the correct answer would be associated with?

Or just try harder in the future? :D
No. You're still wrong! He's just explained that..... [emoji23]

"Who's right" as in "who is right?" You can't use "whose" in that context as it makes no sense.

It's not technically grammar, it's just using completely the wrong word because it sounds the same.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
No. You're still wrong! He's just explained that..... [emoji23]

"Who's right" as in "who is right?" You can't use "whose" in that context as it makes no sense.

It's not technically grammar, it's just using completely the wrong word because it sounds the same.

It was a bloody joke, there was a :D at the end of it in case someone missed it and thought I was still claiming I was wright. this is also a follow up joke to your post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here