Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great selection of quotes that Edna has unearthed there.

Amazing how quickly a player can go from being a talisman to a millstone around the team's collective necks, simply by Parish making him a hostage at Selhurst Park.

I was desperate to see Palace flog Zaha in the summer but now I think I prefer him there as he is proving so obviously detrimental to the side and a hugely negative influence both on and off the pitch. Who could have guessed?

I wasn't all that disappointed that he stayed, to be honest. When a player becomes that much of a talisman to a team, it can become counter-productive, as they focus all their efforts around him, to the detriment of others. It was fairly apparent that his head had been turned in the summer, whether there was actually any truth in the rumours of better teams wanting him or not.

Look at Reading. So desperate to keep their best player from falling into our clutches, they neglected to consider whether they'd actually be better off selling him and investing the money in new players. Now they still have Moore, he's playing badly, and they are still shit. As are Palace with Mr Tumble.

Zaha actually seemed to believe his own hype, and that he was genuinely a victim. The football world simply laughed at him when he claimed tearfully he was being targeted, and he's barely been the same player since. Now even his biggest fans are seeing past the bullshit. It's quite delightful, and is hopefully dragging Palace down too.
    The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      I wasn't all that disappointed that he stayed, to be honest. When a player becomes that much of a talisman to a team, it can become counter-productive, as they focus all their efforts around him, to the detriment of others. It was fairly apparent that his head had been turned in the summer, whether there was actually any truth in the rumours of better teams wanting him or not.

Look at Reading. So desperate to keep their best player from falling into our clutches, they neglected to consider whether they'd actually be better off selling him and investing the money in new players. Now they still have Moore, he's playing badly, and they are still shit. As are Palace with Mr Tumble.

Zaha actually seemed to believe his own hype, and that he was genuinely a victim. The football world simply laughed at him when he claimed tearfully he was being targeted, and he's barely been the same player since. Now even his biggest fans are seeing past the bullshit. It's quite delightful, and is hopefully dragging Palace down too.
      It would be apt to think that his utterly dreadful performance against us a few weeks back was the tipping point?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post

Poor boy. I blame Roy Hodgson. If he'd picked Duane for England, he wouldn't have felt obliged to take his talent to the Ivory Coast, and by now he'd be an OBE for services to English football, not Harry Kane. And just think how many more penalties England would have been awarded in the World Cup (or cards for simulation, of course ...)
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

0 Not allowed!
      I think Palace would be a better team without him, as everything goes through him and at this moment, breaks down, as he loses the ball, moans at his colleagues, ref etc and then sulks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We need some input from the Palace trolls but it seems they only arrive on here when they win and we lose so opportunities are very limited.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      Zaha is one of the Premier League’s most persecuted players, partly because lots of people pretend he is not persecuted at all. Eden Hazard – and only Eden Hazard – is fouled more often than Zaha, who, in the last four seasons, has been booted, shoved, pulled or whacked 387 times in the Premier League, nearly 100 times more than the next most assailed (Alexis Sánchez). And that only includes the times the referee has spotted the offence. Yet every time Zaha hits the ground he is accused of making something up, even when fans know their man has attacked him. They just pretend, for titillation or for illegitimate gain, that they are watching something other than what they are watching.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ng-accusations
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I'm quite tempted to cancel my Guardian sub after that bibble. And no comments section to respond through either.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cian View Post
      I'm quite tempted to cancel my Guardian sub after that bibble. And no comments section to respond through either.
      The Guardian never open comments on a controversial article these days
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Funny that an article trying to say he is a victim and "not a diver", points out that he has had four bookings for simulation, and those are just the times he got caught.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

0 Not allowed!
      At long last some sense on this thread .
      West stand upper conductor of songs
      Sheebo
      Feb 2018