Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good old Arsenal TV !!
If they want Wilf, pay what Palace want for him, if not he stays put.
You can’t lower the valuation because you’ve only got a £45 mill budget, with £25 mill apparently earmarked for Tierney at Celtic.

The “valuation” is inflated though. Even you must accept that trying to pass on the 25% you owe Manchester United to whoever buys him is the issue? Wilf certainly knows it, Arsenal know it...EVERYONE knows it bacause Parish has skilfully told us that’s what he’s trying to do.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The “valuation” is inflated though. Even you must accept that trying to pass on the 25% you owe Manchester United to whoever buys him is the issue? Wilf certainly knows it, Arsenal know it...EVERYONE knows it bacause Parish has skilfully told us that’s what he’s trying to do.

Selling and buying clubs will have different valuations, that happens in every deal.
Will Palace drop their valuation? Probably.
Have Arsenal actually made an offer though ? It’s all little leaks to the press.
Fortunately for Palace, he’s on a long contract, so Arsenal need to up the ante.
My feelings are he will go, with a Arsenal player or two part of the deal.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The fact that this troll you are calling a boy is 54 years old, although he does post like a kid

I've found that thinking young and immature is sometimes the key to staying young in mind.

Whoa! That was way too profound for someone of my thinking age.

P.S. The immaturity of incessantly talking about your main rivals star is so impressive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

palace sold him for £10m.
Bought him back for £3m.

palace have received somewhere in the region £500,000,000 pretty much on the back of that decision.

They are now attempting to snivel their way out of paying Utd a further £15m, on a deal they agreed.

How much would Utd have sold Tumble for was a 10% sell on clause?

Stay classy.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Selling and buying clubs will have different valuations, that happens in every deal.
Have Arsenal actually made an offer though ? It’s all little leaks to the press.
Fortunately for Palace, he’s on a long contract, so Arsenal need to up the ante.

Yea because contract means something these days in football.

Just hope you and the rest of the goons come over to discuss the transfer if he goes.

Probably not tho as we didn't see any of you for ages after we beat you home and away last season. [emoji3]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find it hard to believe Arsenal have only £45m to spend. It wasn't that long ago there were reports Man Utd only had £100m available this window. They've already spent 45m, and are looking at other high price targets. It's all part of the game; 'x team (that has massive spending power/have sold player for large amount) only has so much to spend.' - all an attempt to stop selling teams inflating their prices. Palace may suffer from this when they try to buy players - 'they just got up to 50m for AWB! They can afford it, let's push them more!' And it'll get worse if they sell Zaha for even half of what they think he's worth.

Last season the reports were that Arsenal's purse strings would loosen in the summer because their previous restrictive sponsorship deals were coming to an end, and there would be big money deals to be made this summer giving them a lot more freedom.

It's probably also worth noting the way these fees work (and el pres wouldcan correct any errors on this)... It's entirely possible that Utd's 100m isn't all that inaccurate, but is being talked about in terms of the split of fees over contract lengths. i.e. AWB was signed on a 4 year deal with an option of a 5th year. 45m/5 years means they've only spent 9m this year. Similarly, if Arsenal sign Zaha to a 4 year deal at 60m, that could only count for 15m of their 45m to spend this summer. It all depends on how these spend figures are being spun by the people leaking them.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I find it hard to believe Arsenal have only £45m to spend. It wasn't that long ago there were reports Man Utd only had £100m available this window. They've already spent 45m, and are looking at other high price targets. It's all part of the game; 'x team (that has massive spending power/have sold player for large amount) only has so much to spend.' - all an attempt to stop selling teams inflating their prices. Palace may suffer from this when they try to buy players - 'they just got up to 50m for AWB! They can afford it, let's push them more!' And it'll get worse if they sell Zaha for even half of what they think he's worth.

Last season the reports were that Arsenal's purse strings would loosen in the summer because their previous restrictive sponsorship deals were coming to an end, and there would be big money deals to be made this summer giving them a lot more freedom.

It's probably also worth noting the way these fees work (and el pres wouldcan correct any errors on this)... It's entirely possible that Utd's 100m isn't all that inaccurate, but is being talked about in terms of the split of fees over contract lengths. i.e. AWB was signed on a 4 year deal with an option of a 5th year. 45m/5 years means they've only spent 9m this year. Similarly, if Arsenal sign Zaha to a 4 year deal at 60m, that could only count for 15m of their 45m to spend this summer. It all depends on how these spend figures are being spun by the people leaking them.

Hmmm... I think The Gooners budget is tight, and Zaha would blow their budget...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
palace sold him for £10m.
Bought him back for £3m.

palace have received somewhere in the region £500,000,000 pretty much on the back of that decision.

They are now attempting to snivel their way out of paying Utd a further £15m, on a deal they agreed.

How much would Utd have sold Tumble for was a 10% sell on clause?

Stay classy.

Herein lies the issue. It speaks to just how much of a wide boy Steve Parish is.

No one involved in a negotiation involving future asset worth...and I mean no one credible...would enter into a deal where, to save a couple of million pounds up front you essentially tie your asset up in a 25% sell on.

If Parish had any sense he would have asked United what price they would accept to AVOID a 25% future share clause. I imagine that would have been 10 million as that would mean they had recovered their investment.

So. For 7 million pounds Palace have now lost (even at 60 million ACTUAL value)and the 25% sell on, essentially, £15million.

Well done you utter tool. Was it worth your best player now begging you to let him go? Resenting you for thwarting his career?

Knowing what we know of Wilfs “poor me” victim mongering attitude it is highly likely he will now decide to force your hand by going on strike, getting “injured” and generally acting the cock. I’m looking forward to this season now.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It will be pretty difficult to get any half reasonable Arsenal player to agree to move to Palace...imo. Except of course unless you quadruple their current wages, which I guess is a foregone given Palace’s penchant for over paying players.

Can’t see Arsenal agreeing to pay even half of what Parish is asking for Zaha though. I will be genuinely amazed if he is at Arsenal come kick off.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Oh..and, if today’s press is to be believed, a now desperate S Parish esq. has doubled down on his shiftiness by lumping £100 million fee for Tumbley.

Oh, this gets better and better.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Do you really believe that? I know there’s a party line on this but, come on, seriously?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Oh..and, if today’s press is to be believ9ed, a now desperate S Parish esq. has doubled down on his shiftiness by lumping £100 million fee for Tumbley.

He says it is because Zaha is the reason that might persuade new owners to buy the club from the Americans.
I do wonder what happens if the new owners when buying from the majority shareholders (the yanks) do not want Parish to continue in his current role?

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is the 25% sell on kosher?

I was told by someone well connected in football at the time, that the sell on was in the region of 40%. At the time, I had no reason to doubt him, he had no axe to grind, but, I did register my surprise that it was so high, he said it was a very low fee for a young immature player, who would almost certainly improve, with a more sympathetic manager, and lower expectations.

Make of that what you will.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the 25% sell on kosher?

I was told by someone well connected in football at the time, that the sell on was in the region of 40%. At the time, I had no reason to doubt him, he had no axe to grind, but, I did register my surprise that it was so high, he said it was a very low fee for a young immature player, who would almost certainly improve, with a more sympathetic manager, and lower expectations.

Make of that what you will.

The £3m palace paid back does seem extremely low even back then!!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Oh..and, if today’s press is to be believed, a now desperate S Parish esq. has doubled down on his shiftiness by lumping £100 million fee for Tumbley.

Really!!?? I think SP has serious mental issues then...

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

But they wouldn't be looking to remove that clause on AWB if they weren't planning on selling Zaha.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do you honestly think that making every effort to hang onto a prize asset that you have no wish to sell is showing “serious mental issues”?

Really?

Yes, his first ‘valuation’ was laughable for a player who failed to make the big 6 grade at his first attempt. If he’s asking £100m for Tumble then he is bat-sh1t mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here