Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zaha is one of the Premier League’s most persecuted players, partly because lots of people pretend he is not persecuted at all. Eden Hazard – and only Eden Hazard – is fouled more often than Zaha, who, in the last four seasons, has been booted, shoved, pulled or whacked 387 times in the Premier League, nearly 100 times more than the next most assailed (Alexis Sánchez). And that only includes the times the referee has spotted the offence. Yet every time Zaha hits the ground he is accused of making something up, even when fans know their man has attacked him. They just pretend, for titillation or for illegitimate gain, that they are watching something other than what they are watching.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ng-accusations
    How can that be true? That is saying that no other player other than Zaha and Hazard has been shoved, pulled or Whacked more than 10 times a season. Yet from what I've seen that sort of thing happens in every game. In fact Zaha isn't above shoving players himself.

In fact it says that everyone else has been booted shoved pulled or whacked no more than once a season, thats just plain stupid.
    Last edited by andy1980; 11-01-2019 at 08:39.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by andy1980 View Post
      How can that be true? That is saying that no other player other than Zaha and Hazard has been shoved, pulled or Whacked more than 10 times a season. Yet from what I've seen that sort of thing happens in every game. In fact Zaha isn't above shoving players himself.

In fact it says that everyone else has been booted shoved pulled or whacked no more than once a season, thats just plain stupid.
      Actually if I read it the other way (as I'm sure it is meant to be read) then it still only says he he is averaging about 1 extra boot,shove, pull or whack a game than anyone else (being conservative) as in 4 seasons there has been 152 games

4 Not allowed!
      I've said it before, but I mean... he DOES get the shit kicked out of him and it is because he's very good at dribbling with the ball.

The thing which the author of that article fails to mention is Zaha's past. The reason he gets hammered is because he's the sort of player who posts pictures of himself sitting on his Rolls Royce. He's the sort of player who throws a strop when he doesn't get the ball. And.. he's the sort of player who dived A LOT in his earlier career. People don't forget that.

And if we're going to compare him and Eden Hazard. I would suggest that if Hazard can handle being the most fouled player in the league without looking like he's going to burst into tears, getting up and getting on with the game. Then I'd suggest poor old Wilf could do the same.

3 Not allowed!
      It's clear that both things are true - they're not mutually exclusive. He does get fouled, a lot - and sometimes cynically. One earlier this season, against Watford (I think??) was a nasty, dangerous tackle.

But, he's also playing for "contact" every time he goes into the box, dangling or dragging his standing leg to make sure he's clipped. He's one of the best at it, and yada yada everyone does it etc etc, but I'm sorry, it's cheating. I say the same if/when its an Albion player - Murray and Izquierdo are two culprits from our lot. He does it every game, several times a game, and his histrionics and pop-eyed toddler incredulity every time he doesn't get a very, very soft decision are what makes him a target for opposition fans and make it so hard for refs.

He's very skilful, quick, and comes in for some rough treatment - but you can't give everything on him because half of the "fouls" are him inducing contact or going down under the slightest whiff of contact. Palace fans are adamant that's not part of his game any more, but its not BHA bias to say that's nonsense - he wins a free kick or two a game that are soft at best.

The game may have changed, and the speed it's played at make it difficult for officials - but he's been the biggest beneficiary of that, and won a ridiculous number of penalties in his time that are iffy at best. If he ever stayed on his feet he might get more sympathy and "protection" when he does get steamrollered - but the fact that most oppo fans target him for abuse, not just BHA, is indicative of how he's perceived by the non-biased footballing public. As a whining, albeit talented, little cheat.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      At long last some sense on this thread .
      Found your bollox to start posting again Theriechstuff?
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightonrock View Post

The game may have changed, and the speed it's played at make it difficult for officials - but he's been the biggest beneficiary of that, and won a ridiculous number of penalties in his time that are iffy at best. If he ever stayed on his feet he might get more sympathy and "protection" when he does get steamrollered - but the fact that most oppo fans target him for abuse, not just BHA, is indicative of how he's perceived by the non-biased footballing public. As a whining, albeit talented, little cheat.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
      The problem he's made for himself is that he reacts so badly / well (delete as applicable) to the chants etc. He was soooo close to tears at the Amex a few weeks ago. That doesn't go un-noticed.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

7 Not allowed!
      Zaha gets battered every game. There's no denying it. He also dives, there no denying that either.

His problem is he is just so unlikeable, with his stupid expressions and punchable face, that it rubs people up the wrong way.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
      At long last some sense on this thread .
      Forgot to say, F*CK off you idiot.
      I am such a Naughty Boy.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Always the victim,
      Never their fault.

What's Dibley done now ?
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      Zaha gets battered every game. There's no denying it. He also dives, there no denying that either.

His problem is he is just so unlikeable, with his stupid expressions and punchable face, that it rubs people up the wrong way.
      You put that perfectly!