Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Here’s a question. Would you be happy for dunk to be sold at market value or for what Tony would want ?

That's not the point that has been made here - the spurious claim by one of your own was that the market value is what the club would sell for, not what other clubs are willing to pay. So yet again, your question is worthless.

Now please piss off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Here’s a question. Would you be happy for dunk to be sold at market value or for what Tony would want ?

Dougshit-which part of "get a life" are you struggling to understand?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is dougshit really Timmy?

Spouts the same volume of bollocks, is totally clueless about everything and is too f.ucking stupid to be taken seriously.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm at the stage where I'm starting to hope he stays. He must carry a right stench of arrogance and disharmony with him, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to share a dressing room with him. Maybe another £20k a week could help recenter his focus?!

I'm at the stage where I genuinely don't give much of a **** either way now, but am enjoying watching it play out. Either he goes, and Palace are screwed, or he stays, totally disaffected and acts like an even bigger diquead than he is at the moment. Palace stuck with accepting a bid much lower than their optimistic valuation because there is literally (it appears) only one, tightarse club interested in buying him, and he publicly wants to leave, and only to said club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm at the stage where I genuinely don't give much of a **** either way now, but am enjoying watching it play out. Either he goes, and Palace are screwed, or he stays, totally disaffected and acts like an even bigger diquead than he is at the moment. Palace stuck with accepting a bid much lower than their optimistic valuation because there is literally (it appears) only one, tightarse club interested in buying him, and he publicly wants to leave, and only to said club.

Yes, as I said earlier, it is a win-win for every Brighton fan, whichever way it pans out... marvelous :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Palace have got Mr Tumbles valuation right, he is worth £80 million to them, ( less 25% sell on to MUFC, obviously. Snigger), unfortunately for them he’s not worth that to the rest of football.
I struggle to think of a more one man team than Palace at the present time, ever,and, without him they will be in the relegation mix in the coming season. If they got 60 million for him, plus the 45 million for Won Biscuit they have got to spend that money well, and with their track record, I wouldn’t be too optimistic if I supported them. That’s if the American owners let them spend it.

Dougie the troll tried to derail this thread again with a question of Dunks worth to theAlbion, well, he is a very important player t us , probably our best defender, but, he is replaceable. We have quite a good record with centre backs, BFG, Goldson, Burns, even Balogun have all come to the club and looked okay, so to think we would struggle without Dunk, the same way they would struggle without Mr Tumble is a bit far fetched.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think Palace have got Mr Tumbles valuation right, he is worth £80 million to them, ( less 25% sell on to MUFC, obviously. Snigger), unfortunately for them he’s not worth that to the rest of football.

I'm not sure there's a great deal of difference between Palace/Zaha and Albion/Dunk.

In both cases the player is worth more to their current club than most are likely to want to pay.

Zaha has already lowered his sights, it seems, and his belief that he will light up the Champions League football has been downgraded to Thursday nights in Azerbaijan, but if Arsenal were in for Dunk we'd probably have trouble keeping hold of him too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure there's a great deal of difference between Palace/Zaha and Albion/Dunk.

In both cases the player is worth more to their current club than most are likely to want to pay.

Zaha has already lowered his sights, it seems, and his belief that he will light up the Champions League football has been downgraded to Thursday nights in Azerbaijan, but if Arsenal were in for Dunk we'd probably have trouble keeping hold of him too.

The big difference though is that us losing Dunk would have nowhere near the impact as Zaha tumbling out of Selhurst for another team.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I agree if a top six club came in for Dunk we wouldn’t be able to keep him, but, he is more replaceable to us, than Zaha is to Palace. We do seem to be able to recruit good centre backs, and if we got £40 million plus for Lewis I would be optimistic that we would sign a player as good, or nearly as good as him.

Palace would struggle to replace a player so vital to their team, it is only recently that they managed to score a goal with him not in the team, let alone get a win. He can be a very good player for them, but, with his questionable mental strength, big fish, small pond syndrome, would any club pay what he is worth to Palace?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Not sure I've seen comment on this 'home time' bit on SSN yesterday:

DIBLEY UPDATE

More now on the recent breaking news regarding Dwayne Dibley and Sky Sports News understands Dibley has no issue with Crystal Palace or the senile old woman.

Because of what happened to him at Manchester United, he feels he needs to prove to himself that he can perform at one of the world’s biggest clubs.

Arsenal is his personal preference but even if he doesn’t move there, it will not stop him wanting to play on the biggest stages. He wants to prove to himself that he can be the biggest player at a big club.

So he has an issue with the big nosed silly haired prat.

He's done there.

He wants to prove to himself that he can be the biggest diving gurning platoon posing pillock at a big club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
European giants... errr Everton are also preparing an offer for Zaha.

Bolasie mk2

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
6/1 for Palace to be relegated is tempting to be honest. They would have seriously struggled without Wan Bisaka and Zaha last season. I cannot see many in their current squad who have the same fight to keep them up if they get involved in a relegation scrap this time around. Even if Zaha does stay, I cannot see him playing with anywhere near the same effort or desire if he is forced to stay against his will.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here