Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How can you think market price = ridiculous figure plucked out of the sky by your chairman?

The market price (clue in the name) is the price the (wait for it) market is willing to pay for the player. Zaha’s market price is around £40-50m, it seems.

Decent price for a solid mid level Prem winger, who in recent seasons has been slightly behind Ryan Fraser in terms of end product.

Nicely put.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here’s another clue, the market price is also (wait for it) what the seller is willing to accept for their asset. On that basis, Arsenal’s offer is clearly not the market price.

Only if the selling pwice quoted is weasonable. It isn't...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
WTF are you on about, Ive never used either of those terms anywhere and never would.

Your abusive accusation that I’m a hypocrite is wrong.

Hypocwite, surely?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The only way that could be seen as hypocritical was if the origin of the word **** had a similar origin to that of the term cretin.

Which it hasn’t.

You ****ing cwetin...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Here’s another clue, the market price is also (wait for it) what the seller is willing to accept for their asset. On that basis, Arsenal’s offer is clearly not the market price.

No it isn’t. That’s the seller’s price - if an owner says “my player is worth £100 BILLION” that doesn’t immediately become their market value. That’s the price the seller is willing to sell at.

The market value refers to the price people are willing to pay - that’s pretty common knowledge. E.g. if someone said “what’s this house worth in today’s market?” they mean “what would someone be willing to pay for it.”

I think you’re being deliberately obtuse.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So you agree that Lewis Dunk market price is OVER £45M ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, just maybe, an opening gambit of:-

'I only want to play for Arsenal'.

Wasn't the best idea, after all.
Not the best idea when he wants to stay in London and Chelsea are under a transfer embargo, leaving Spurs as the only alternative to make a bid.

Just like signing a contract extension last summer, without a release clause wasn't the best idea (given that he was wanting to leave last summer too).

He's not the brightest lad is he.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the best idea when he wants to stay in London and Chelsea are under a transfer embargo, leaving Spurs as the only alternative to make a bid.

He's completely stitched himself and palace up, only they are far to stupid to understand.

Market value - what an arse.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
P.S. if you read the BBS, then it’s me that continually polite asks people to not use cretin as a derogatory manner. I won’t bother explaining why as you clearly would neither understand nor care to learn.
I'm happy to learn. Although cretin is just not a term I use, I didn't know what it's original meaning was, as I assume it's not been used in the original sense for some time? Is it something that is still used professionally? I assumed (and no problem if I assumed incorrectly) that it was like 'idiot'. The original meaning of 'idiot' would also be offensive, but no one used that term professionally any more, so I think we can call our antagonists idiots without offending people who are disabled.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm happy to learn. Although cretin is just not a term I use, I didn't know what it's original meaning was, as I assume it's not been used in the original sense for some time? Is it something that is still used professionally? I assumed (and no problem if I assumed incorrectly) that it was like 'idiot'. The original meaning of 'idiot' would also be offensive, but no one used that term professionally any more, so I think we can call our antagonists idiots without offending people who are disabled.

I've done a quick Google because I was curious and it seems 'cretinism' used to be the term for congenital iodine deficiency syndrome and 'cretins' were thus people who suffered from it. The word has obviously morphed its meaning over time and is now generally a catch all term for stupidity.

The term cretin was once used to describe a person affected by this condition, but, as with words such as spastic, and lunatic, it is now considered derogatory and inappropriate.[9] Cretin became a medical term in the 18th century, from an Occitan and an Alpine French expression, prevalent in a region where persons with such a condition were especially common (see below); it saw wide medical use in the 19th and early 20th centuries, and was actually a "tick box" category on Victorian-era census forms in the UK.[citation needed] The term spread more widely in popular English as a markedly derogatory term for a person who behaves stupidly. Because of its pejorative connotations in popular speech, health-care workers have mostly abandoned the term "cretin".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've done a quick Google because I was curious and it seems 'cretinism' used to be the term for congenital iodine deficiency syndrome and 'cretins' were thus people who suffered from it. The word has obviously morphed its meaning over time and is now generally a catch all term for stupidity.

The term cretin was once used to describe a person affected by this condition, but, as with words such as spastic, and lunatic, it is now considered derogatory and inappropriate.[9] Cretin became a medical term in the 18th century, from an Occitan and an Alpine French expression, prevalent in a region where persons with such a condition were especially common (see below); it saw wide medical use in the 19th and early 20th centuries, and was actually a "tick box" category on Victorian-era census forms in the UK.[citation needed] The term spread more widely in popular English as a markedly derogatory term for a person who behaves stupidly. Because of its pejorative connotations in popular speech, health-care workers have mostly abandoned the term "cretin".

Babies are automatically tested for thyroxine a couple of days after their births. It is the jab in the heel to get blood test, that mothers will have seen in post natal wards.
Children used to be treated with iodine to try to replace the missing hormones which affected their brain development.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I take it [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] refuses to watch big bang theory due to the Kripke character...[emoji23]

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Babies are automatically tested for thyroxine a couple of days after their births. It is the jab in the heel to get blood test, that mothers will have seen i post natal wards.
Children used to be treated with iodine to try to replace the missing hormones which affected their brain development.

Didn't know that either. I'm learning loads today!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just to certain, we're still ok to call the Palace ***** who invest this forum ***** aren't we?

Depends if you spell it with a 'w' or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here