Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
£36m loss is not sustainable. It means someone is going to have to keep funding them despite all the PL cash. Prince Charming doesn't have that kind of money. How long do you think the yanks will be happy to keep piling in?

I think they will end up selling Wan-Bissaka to cover their losses My view he is more of a saleable asset than Mr Tumble. If I was a Palace fan I would be more concerned about this possibility

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why does it matter to you, what you scared of. What about your accounts as colocolo12 ? Swoopinggull? and a few others FFS 130+ posts in a DAY? Obsessed much?

Do you really count people's posts? Seriously?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure what those figures refer to. FFP rules allowed for something like £13m loss a year. Presumably the figures you've quoted include writing off the investment in either the training facilities, or the ground, or similar? Regardless, you tried to argue that we bought our way out, but as Easy has pointed out, there were plenty of teams spending a lot more than us, and we finished above them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Two minutes later you get a reply, wow, talk about on the ball when we aren't talking ground improvements or 6 points.
I still haven't had replies explaining how they lost against our 10 men. Presumably they're still trying to work it out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure what those figures refer to. FFP rules allowed for something like £13m loss a year. Presumably the figures you've quoted include writing off the investment in either the training facilities, or the ground, or similar? Regardless, you tried to argue that we bought our way out, but as Easy has pointed out, there were plenty of teams spending a lot more than us, and we finished above them.

Conveniently ignored you'll notice, as it didn't fit their silly agenda.

I still haven't had replies explaining how they lost against our 10 men. Presumably they're still trying to work it out?

No no no, they GIFTED us the points. Do you see ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Was looking at the accounts and wondering why creditors had gone up so much. A new thing this year is that Palace appear to have a rolling £40m loan against future PL income which is repaid and then borrowed again.

I'm no expert like El Pres but this doesn't seem to be the type of action that a well run, financially secure club would have to take?

Along with £6m borrowed against ticket sales it just screams out SKINT to me.

Perhaps our resident football finance DULLARD could explain further?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So they've spunked c500m of PL TV cash and have nothing to show for it........amazing.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Was looking at the accounts and wondering why creditors had gone up so much. A new thing this year is that Palace appear to have a rolling £40m loan against future PL income which is repaid and then borrowed again.

I'm no expert like El Pres but this doesn't seem to be the type of action that a well run, financially secure club would have to take?

Along with £6m borrowed against ticket sales it just screams out SKINT to me.

Perhaps our resident football finance DULLARD could explain further?

Lots of clubs borrow money in lieu of Premier League monies.
I’m sure El Pres said that Bloom borrowed money from Barclays prior to receiving your first instalment from the PL.
Now you’re receiving BIG money, will any be put towards the 2nd biggest debt in English football ?

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So they've spunked c500m of PL TV cash and have nothing to show for it........amazing.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Hold on there...just. Wait one cotton picking minute.

Parish has a fabulous new haircut (like a bent Prince Charming...again) and lovely new aquascutum coat so NOTHING isn’t quite true.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Hold on there...just. Wait one cotton picking minute.

Parish has a fabulous new haircut (like a bent Prince Charming...again) and lovely new aquascutum coat so NOTHING isn’t quite true.

Shut it Scouser .

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've only ever had one account over there. Every new member that signs up and post must be a reincarnation of another account. It's the Palace logic.

They are so used to having to start over as a football club once things go belly up they think it applies to every aspect of life.

No no no, they GIFTED us the points. Do you see ?

Did they sign up for Gift Aid? We could have had an extra 25% and been safe a week earlier.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lots of clubs borrow money in lieu of Premier League monies.
I’m sure El Pres said that Bloom borrowed money from Barclays prior to receiving your first instalment from the PL.
Now you’re receiving BIG money, will any be put towards the 2nd biggest debt in English football ?

*sigh*

You Palace dimbots can NEVER get your heads around the significant fact that the vast, vast majority of this interest free debt is owed not to Barclays, or Citibank, or Agilo. Its owed to a certain T. Bloom, esq. Do you know who that is ? Because it makes a really, really important difference.

For the hard of thinking, once again, he is the owner of BHAFC, a lifelong fan and 3rd generation Bloom on the board. He's a billionaire. He doesn't take a salary from the club. He's not after repayment, he's not going to call the loan in. The money was not all spunked on players wages, agents, transfer fees. It was INVESTED into BHA in order to take us from playing at a sports centre and training in a park, to take us into a modern stadium and training ground, to put us on a stable footing so we can compete at the top level, which we are now able to do.

Do you understand now ? Or do you need someone to draw you a picture ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think they will end up selling Wan-Bissaka to cover their losses My view he is more of a saleable asset than Mr Tumble. If I was a Palace fan I would be more concerned about this possibility

Wan-Bissaka would have no sell-on for another club so the sale proceeds would be in full. If they want money in the bank, he's the one to go.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
*sigh*

You Palace dimbots can NEVER get your heads around the significant fact that the vast, vast majority of this interest free debt is owed not to Barclays, or Citibank, or Agilo. Its owed to a certain T. Bloom, esq. Do you know who that is ? Because it makes a really, really important difference.

For the hard of thinking, once again, he is the owner of BHAFC, a lifelong fan and 3rd generation Bloom on the board. He's a billionaire. He doesn't take a salary from the club. He's not after repayment, he's not going to call the loan in. The money was not all spunked on players wages, agents, transfer fees. It was INVESTED into BHA in order to take us from playing at a sports centre and training in a park, to take us into a modern stadium and training ground, to put us on a stable footing so we can compete at the top level, which we are now able to do.

Do you understand now ? Or do you need someone to draw you a picture ?

Probably the nearest thing to a gift as we’re ever likely to get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here