Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Tribute from son to father on TMS

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Some will know that Al lost his father earlier this year, so this really strikes a chord.

A wonderful tribute from son to father on Test Match Special using several cricket analogies. Wonderful.

A bit of an onion chopper...

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1031556120396091392?s=09

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m literally crying (my younger sister has recently been told she is terminally ill and this has properly kicked me in the bollocks when I am struggling with things anyway). That’s just so beautiful......fantastic words and well done the TMS team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I heard aggers reading that out

It must have been hard for him knowing his wife has just recovered from breast cancer

larus

I’m literally crying (my younger sister has recently been told she is terminally ill and this has properly kicked me in the bollocks when I am struggling with things anyway). That’s just so beautiful......fantastic words and well done the TMS team.

Sorry to hear. There’s no words which can help at times like this I’m sure. All you can do, is the best that you can for her in whatever time she has left. Makes us realise that the things we get worked up about are really irrelevant.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Very sorry to hear your news, all our thoughts are with your family and you x

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

so sorry to hear that mate. I don't know you but think of you as a mate from your helpful, honest and amusing posts on the Running thread (and elsewhere). Keep on running !!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very sorry to hear this mate.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

Stay strong best wishes to you and all your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry to hear. There’s no words which can help at times like this I’m sure. All you can do, is the best that you can for her in whatever time she has left. Makes us realise that the things we get worked up about are really irrelevant.

Very sorry to hear your news, all our thoughts are with your family and you x

so sorry to hear that mate. I don't know you but think of you as a mate from your helpful, honest and amusing posts on the Running thread (and elsewhere). Keep on running !!!

Very sorry to hear this mate.

Thanks, much appreciated.........sorry, didn’t mean to hijack the thread but it really hit me where it hurts listening to Aggers (knowing his wife has been suffering as well - must have been tough for him)........happening quite a bit to me at the moment and it’s only running and footy that’s giving me a break. All very unfair.....she’s only 42 (10 years younger than me) with 17 and 9 year old kids. Aggressive secondary cancer returned after beating ovarian cancer 7 years ago.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Lost my younger sister just over 2 years ago, it’s such a hard journey and it changes you I hope you have family and friend around to support you. One of the best things about NSC isthat there is always someone around to offer support and understanding. Love to your family and stay strong.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Lost my younger sister just over 2 years ago, it’s such a hard journey and it changes you I hope you have family and friend around to support you. One of the best things about NSC isthat there is always someone around to offer support and understanding. Love to your family and stay strong.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thanks, much appreciated.........sorry, didn’t mean to hijack the thread but it really hit me where it hurts listening to Aggers (knowing his wife has been suffering as well - must have been tough for him)........happening quite a bit to me at the moment and it’s only running and footy that’s giving me a break. All very unfair.....she’s only 42 (10 years younger than me) with 17 and 9 year old kids. Aggressive secondary cancer returned after beating ovarian cancer 7 years ago.

Keep running, keep watching football and know we are all here for you brother!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Crikey I wish you well mate!

Thank you kindly. The experience over the last 5 years were not quite something I was expecting. But hey ho, on-wards and upwards, there's a reasonable chance of getting a kidney this year, so that'll be another interesting time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope whichever moron at the ECB decided to award the rights to radio cricket this winter to TalkSport heard that and realised what they'd done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here