Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Blue (or pink) sky thinking down at Carrow Road

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45247073

Over the years, the six-fingered folk at Norwich have come up with a MYRIAD of innovative tactics to ensure success, as was highlighted by the whole Pritchard saga. However, with the PL parachute money running dry, the club have been forced to use more unorthodox solutions to stave off the ever-increasing threat of Championship mediocrity - the Norwich top brass have ordered the away dressing room at Carrow Road to be painted PINK in order to sap the aggression levels of their opponents, thus theoretically giving the home side an advantage.

Norwich's record this season? One point from three league fixtures:lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We won a tour of Withdean at a game once ( ooh, the glamour! )

Slade was manager at the time and the away dressing room in the portacabin type complex was painted a dark depressing shade of purple I seem to recall. This was apparently to deflate the opposition...as if coming to Withdean wasn't enough for them! :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When I think of Norwich, I always remember with fondness, the walk back to the Bridge Car Park after they beat us on their last promotion year to the PL. For much of the way a Norwich fan smugly regaled me with tales of Hughton's poor management style and about how we would all pretty soon regret him becoming our manager. And apparently, the football he served up was always mediocre. Well I choose mediocre every time then. Memories like that are all the sweeter for our success and their lack of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I think of Norwich, I always remember with fondness, the walk back to the Bridge Car Park after they beat us on their last promotion year to the PL. For much of the way a Norwich fan smugly regaled me with tales of Hughton's poor management style and about how we would all pretty soon regret him becoming our manager. And apparently, the football he served up was always mediocre. Well I choose mediocre every time then. Memories like that are all the sweeter for our success and their lack of it.

Being football fans I'd imagine, too a man, they all believe they are still right.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45247073

Over the years, the six-fingered folk at Norwich have come up with a MYRIAD of innovative tactics to ensure success, as was highlighted by the whole Pritchard saga. However, with the PL parachute money running dry, the club have been forced to use more unorthodox solutions to stave off the ever-increasing threat of Championship mediocrity - the Norwich top brass have ordered the away dressing room at Carrow Road to be painted PINK in order to sap the aggression levels of their opponents, thus theoretically giving the home side an advantage.

Norwich's record this season? One point from three league fixtures:lol:

Is it possible the wrong dressing room was painted pink??

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016

It wasn't this bloke by any chance was it???:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's the sign of a desperate club.

Not so much the doing of it, but the letting it be known of it. If it were me I'd always make sure there were a few wasps in the away dressing room. But would I brag about it down the Tinpot Arms later? No I wouldn't .

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Norwich now top of the Championship after putting 4 past Massive at Hillsborough - looks like pink dressing rooms are the way forward after all:lol::moo:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Norwich now top of the Championship after putting 4 past Massive at Hillsborough - looks like pink dressing rooms are the way forward after all:lol::moo:

Does this somehow extend to away matches?

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016

No - but their improved record at Carrow Road after having performed abjectly at the beginning of the season has arguably been one of the many catalysts behind their rise, leading to their current run of form (and culminating in results both home and away at a similar calibre to their display vs Sheff Wed today)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No - but their improved record at Carrow Road after having performed abjectly at the beginning of the season has arguably been one of the many catalysts behind their rise, leading to their current run of form (and culminating in results both home and away at a similar calibre to their display vs Sheff Wed today)

...goes to dictionary to check on definition of word ‘tenuous’...

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016

It wasn't that tenuous shirley:D - I doubt that the changing room makeover has had much, if any bearing on Norwich's season (hence the :moo: at the end of post 13), I was just bouncing the thread to acknowledge that I was somewhat hasty in taking the mickey out of them 3 games into the season:smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yep. They hire a painter and decorater, smuggle him in the night before and he paints the home dressing room pink. Palace started this trend, but went for a more brown colour, and got their own dressing room by accident.

*This is normal of the Croydon IQ - they also graffitied their own coach too.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You know when you have your mind focused on the best ever meal for your mum and only Waitrose will really do, but you turn up to find them shut so have to go to Lidl instead because nothing else is open either.............thats what supporting Norwich must feel like

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I bought a new thesaurus the other day; not only is it rubbish, it’s rubbish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here