Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rare nice comments in a sea of media coverage about Man U

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I watched the match yesterday and re-watched match of the day as I was curious If I remembered a small detail correctly.

I was proved correct but actually Brighton was playing and featured in the match. We were on the pitch for the whole match and scored three goals!

Amazing as most of the media are fixating on the imploding Man U and how poor they were. (talk sport especially this morning)

Anyway I found some kind words on football365 on the winners and losers page

Chris Hughton and game management
Our early winner, and boy did he deserve it. If Hughton has learned to be more tactically courageous, then Brighton really will be fine this season. They took the game to Manchester United, but then also managed not to hand their opponents the initiative. A wonderful performance from all involved.

Glenn Murray
The type of finish I didn’t realise he was capable of, which probably only highlights my ignorance. Murray bamboozled David de Gea with one flick of his right boot. One of the best goalkeepers in the world was left grabbing at thin air like a man attempting to hug a ghost.

of course there was a lot about Man U as well.

anyway, feel free to add any nice words found elsewhere as I may want to re read after Liverpool next week.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I find all this 'why no mention of us' a bit cringe worthy. We only have to go back a few years to when we would never be mentioned at all, but even all the Sky Sports headlines have how Brighton 'blitzed' United. BBC

There have been plenty of mentions of us, I only had TalkSport on for 5 minutes and heard good things about us. After the game they acknowledged that they would mainly talking about Utd but Bright deserved credit for how good they were.

The fact that anyone is even talking about United is surely the boost that we need. United imploded, they imploded against us. The fact that they keep doing this is news worthy. The fact that Brighton beat one of the big boys is just the subtext to what is a big story that has been going on for a few years since Fergie left.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
From Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...gue-10-talking-points-from-the-weekend-action

1) Murray and Gross shine again for Seagulls
Brighton upstaged Manchester United, but that they did so without the help of any of their headline summer signings (Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Yves Bissouma and Bernardo, who cost a combined £41m) is proof they are only just getting started. An opening-day defeat by Watford was desperately disappointing but, as poor as United were, Brighton bossed this match from start to finish. Martín Montoya, a deadline-day arrival from Valencia, impressed on his debut but it was the presence of the wily Glenn Murray and the purring Pascal Gross, a £3m buy from Ingolstadt, that again proved pivotal. Better still, Chris Hughton still has a wealth of attacking talent, including the striker Florin Andone, to infuse his team with. This kind of match will not necessarily define Brighton’s season but they naturally foster optimism

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I find all this 'why no mention of us' a bit cringe worthy. We only have to go back a few years to when we would never be mentioned at all, but even all the Sky Sports headlines have how Brighton 'blitzed' United. BBC

There have been plenty of mentions of us, I only had TalkSport on for 5 minutes and heard good things about us. After the game they acknowledged that they would mainly talking about Utd but Bright deserved credit for how good they were.

Absolutely Agreed. Even a cursory read of the papers, MOTD last night, 5 Live and Twitter and you'll find a plethora of great coverage about Hughton, Murray and Brighton's performance. The idea that its only Man United this and Man United that just doesn't stand up.

See this quick Google of the main reports...

The Times - "This was also the game when Brighton showed they have the belief and organisation to stay up.
They were hungrier than United, sharper in front of goal, and look far more in tune with their manager’s thinking than United’s were with Mourinho."

The Telegraph - "they were deservedly beaten by a rampant Brighton who simply, damningly and emphatically out-played and out-fought them.
The score-line flattered Manchester United as this raucous encounter on the south-coast was summed up with Glenn Murray, Brighton’s 34-year-old striker, simply bullying the central defenders that Mourinho clearly has so little faith in.
United were, in fact, out-classed and alarmingly Mourinho, tense and angry on the touchline, did not seem to have an answer"

The Sun - THEY are a class act, alright.
Brighton, recording their first Premier League win of the season, humiliated and humbled the mighty Manchester United at the Amex.
...Brighton ran his players in to the ground with a spirited and sprightly display in front of their dreamy fans."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here