Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bus travel

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I normally use the park and ride but for a change caught the bus to yesterday's game. I got the 25 bus from Palmeira Square and by the time we got to the ground it was full. However a lot of supporters of both teams got on but were obviously unaware that their match ticket covered the travel. What I was wondering was should the driver have asked if they had a ticket for the game when they wanted to pay to go the ground? It just seemed to me that the bus company has been paid for transporting supporters and therefore should be refunding the club money for these double payments.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I was sat in the seat behind the driver on a bendy yesterday, and told multiple people they didn't have to pay if they had a ticket. I also had strong words with the driver who should have been telling them the same thing. It's a match day, they all had tickets and they don't have to pay to get to the ground. I can understand it must be frustrating for the driver to have to ask every time, but come on - surely the majority of travellers on a 25 are heading to the game, especially the time that I was on the bus which got me to the University stop at 15:45.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was sat in the seat behind the driver on a bendy yesterday, and told multiple people they didn't have to pay if they had a ticket. I also had strong words with the driver who should have been telling them the same thing. It's a match day, they all had tickets and they don't have to pay to get to the ground. I can understand it must be frustrating for the driver to have to ask every time, but come on - surely the majority of travellers on a 25 are heading to the game, especially the time that I was on the bus which got me to the University stop at 15:45.

It's a pretty safe bet a bunch of people getting on wearing Albion tops/scarves heading to Falmer are in fact going to the Amex & also have tickets. Not too hard for the driver to suss it out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a pretty safe bet a bunch of people getting on wearing Albion tops/scarves heading to Falmer are in fact going to the Amex & also have tickets. Not too hard for the driver to suss it out.

Also not hard for people to read what's written on the ticket tho eh? And shirley most Albion fans would know there's been free matchday travel included for the past fifteen years or so.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the other hand I wonder if these drivers are told not to ask. After all, every fare gained means extra revenue for Brighton & Hove Buses.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also not hard for people to read what's written on the ticket tho eh? And shirley most Albion fans would know there's been free matchday travel included for the past fifteen years or so.

My various jobs over the years have told me to never underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of people! I'm always amazed so many people don't have a clue about the travel subsidy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here