Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky Sports post match today

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
What crap coverage.

Watched about 45 minutes of it and in that time they only discussed Man U, totally ignoring the winning team. Not even Chris' intervew shown in this time.

Could someone tell them that there are normally 2 teams on the pitch during a football match,,,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I watched it and it was exactly what I expected. You are right of course, very United focused. But so what? They finished 2nd last season, they got beaten here last season so knew what to expect, they spent money on rubbish but failed to address their defence adequately. Oh and they got spanked. [emoji106]

To be honest, the realisation is dawning that already we can see that they won't be competing with City any time soon as they are miles behind. In fact it looks more likely that they will be competing with Arsenal for 5th place.

By comparison, only our fans really care about the news that we played well. It's not really a news item, and that's just the way it is.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What crap coverage.

Watched about 45 minutes of it and in that time they only discussed Man U, totally ignoring the winning team. Not even Chris' intervew shown in this time.

Could someone tell them that there are normally 2 teams on the pitch during a football match,,,

The vast majority of people watching care far more about United than Brighton. There's more demand for tearing into United (from United fans and fans of the big clubs) than praising Brighton, so they supply it.

It's crap that we don't get the credit we should sometimes, but that's the way it is.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's just been a very entertaining vox pop of Man U fans desparing (and trying not to swear) outside the Amex on Sky Sports News which has been running non stop Jose TV since the match ended...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The vast majority of people watching care far more about United than Brighton. There's more demand for tearing into United (from United fans and fans of the big clubs) than praising Brighton, so they supply it.

It's crap that we don't get the credit we should sometimes, but that's the way it is.

You would expect a little more than the token 'let's not forget about Brighton'.
After all we did exactly the same to them 3 months ago, with pretty much the same team, so it's hardly a fluke that can be swept under the carpet.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have just watched it and they gave us a lot more credit than I was expecting, especially Defoe who was raving about Murray. Liked the bit at the end just before Chris was interviewed with the United fans outside after the game (teams like Brighton)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
What crap coverage.

Switched off when they spoke to Pogba (after speaking to Mourinho) rather than chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Switched off when they spoke to Pogba (after speaking to Mourinho) rather than chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris was on later - they wanted him earlier, but he was too busy knee-sliding up and down the touchline, then went into the car park to give the Man U bus a proper send-off. Totally out of order, as usual, Bloom will surely be getting rid in the morning.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Do you expect anything else? Man Utd have a global fan base who buy millions of shirts and generate 2 billion quid in TV revenue. We have a hardcore support of about 20k with a bunch of city boys from Hassocks along for the ride. We make about 2 mill from shirts and tickets (profit not turnover) and are widely ignored outside BN postcodes.

We are minnows. We care...no one else does.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we did our talking on the pitch. I don't have a problem with Utd getting all the media attention, anyone with a brain knows we played well and deserved to win, and this is the sort of match Sky love - it's what makes the Prem so engaging.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Similar on BBC 5Live 606 phone in. Non-stop talk about who should go. Went on for hours (at least it seemed to). I was tempted to call in knowing that as the only Albion caller they must put me on.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Personally I always enjoy a United moan-in, especially when we have caused it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here