Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is a big deal for me, particularly in the winter as a hot cuppa can be a life-saver. I think that this rule is absurd, I've been to grounds all over the country and have never suffered a rule like this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The email said ALL FOOD AND DRINK I assume sandwiches and cakes come under that category and I was just asking if it would be extended to all areas of the ground.

Keep ya hair on Grandad...we were talking about flasks in the rest of the ground not food in the 1901 areas

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We were told that it was to bring the Amex in line with all premier grounds.( that was what the stewards at the ESU entrance said) nothing to do with safety.....didnt have my flask today so bought a coffee and it was luke warm......wont be doing that again.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Upon entering the Amex and once given the all-cIear from the steward regarding my bag, I was astonished to hear that from now on, supporters are no longer allowed to bring a flask into the ground for 'safety reasons'. I am very miffed about this as I like a nice cuppa at halftime in particular and especially in inclement winter weather at evening games.

I asked two other stewards for further clarification but they repeated the mantra that it was for 'safety reasons' and that some people had been taking liberties with alcohol in flasks. In my opinion that is absolute bull as a person behaving like that could be warned and then if there was repetition, banned.

I asked whether it was specifically flasks and what the guidance was for a hot drink in a plastic beaker. The steward in question said that was a good question and that he didn't know the answer to that.

I am blowed if I am going to pay for a cup of tea from the kiosk when it would mean missing some of the match as the queues are horrendous and will only be exacerbated by the hundreds of flaskless individuals who now have to get their fix from the club.

Anyone else hit this problem today?
No. Get over it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange not a word was said when I walked into the ground, so totally in the dark.

What I dislike and its not just the Albion is the 'its for safety reasons' why not just be honest and say 'We want you to buy food and drink inside the ground rather than bringing your own'

I assume that all tickets issued by the club will now include a bold warning on the fact that food and drink must not be brought into the ground

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's pathetic if the club are stopping people bringing their own tea/coffee in the hope they spend more at the kiosks! Sad indictment of the way the club is going and doesn't reflect well on TB. Difficult to believe that bringing your own sandwiches and/or tea/coffee is having a financial detriment to the club.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If I'm not allowed to sit and drink beer I've taken in, you're not allowed to drink your hot beverage.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
If I'm not allowed to sit and drink beer I've taken in, you're not allowed to drink your hot beverage.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I suppose that depends on whether or not you took your beer in in a flask........:wink:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
First couple of seasons there was a guy in front of me who would fill a flask with a spirit (whisky I think) and drink the lot during a game. Sure he's not the only one.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We tried to bring a metal water bottle in today and were told the same thing. Like many, we are trying to reduce single use plastics and don’t want to buy plastic water bottles at any event if we can avoid it. Seems a shame if those of us that care about reducing the use of plastics are going to be penalised simply because the club wants to maximise its alcohol sales.

This happened to me at a baseball game in New York. The temperature was over 30 C despite it being an evening game yet we were not allowed to take water in unless it was in flimsy plastic bottles. Obviously, there were a lot of flimsy plastic bottles discarded all over the place after the game and I had to find a friendly and trustworthy stall holder outside to look after my bottle.

It does seem that no matter how hard you try, there’s a health & safety reason to carry on polluting the world. :down:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here