Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I was next to a young lady today and couldn't believe my eyes, she had a top on her bottle. I knew in my heart that she posed an immediate and dangerous terrorist threat to all around her and I should have SCREAMED for a steward, but I didn't.

Luckily no-one died as a result of my inaction and I feel bad about it now. Hopefully next-time I will be more responsible and call the police.

Anyone else witness a heinous crime unfolding today?

Yes, I did.
After being searched to get into Lower West, while waiting for my daughter to be searched, I saw a blatant illegal act take place. The lady in front of my daughter took her search holding a topless bottle of water. As soon as she had been searched, she took a bottle top out of her pocket it and put it on the bottle. :eek:
I am ashamed to say that instead of doing the right thing and report this disgraceful and deliberate security breach I smiled at the lady and issued a discreet 'good work' to her.
What was I thinking? Had this potential hooligan/terrorist chosen to do anything with her cleverly assembled lethal weapon, I would have been guilty of aiding and abetting, and actually endorsing her actions.
Thankfully she clearly saw the error of ways and decided to drink the water instead of using the bottle to cause carnage. All was good and no-one was hurt, but I have learnt my lesson and will forever live the guilt of what might have been :down:

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Heard one of the guys on the gate for the East Upper saying they’d had to confiscate lots of flasks before the game yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
sitting in front row of WSL for first time I put my drink on wall for convenience - no drinks on wall said steward

what was I thinking it could have gone two ways - fallen off 24 inches down onto astroturf or onto concrete in front of me - in each case causing massive injury to me or no one

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sitting in front row of WSL for first time I put my drink on wall for convenience - no drinks on wall said steward

what was I thinking it could have gone two ways - fallen off 24 inches down onto astroturf or onto concrete in front of me - in each case causing massive injury to me or no one

One of Locadia's shots could have hit said container, at such an angle to send the possibly boiling liquid over the lap of some innocent neighbouring bysitter.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
After having my bag of sweets confiscated last week by a steward after being told I might throw them onto the pitch (they were only wine gums FFS), I sensibly didn't bring any with me this week. Imagine my surprise when I saw similar sweets being sold from a cart in the concourse! Talk about double standards.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands

forgot to add it was an hour before game started with no one around

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In East Lower and the guy next to me (from Upper West I think) had a bottle with top. He was with his Wife and child but I felt comfortable chatting to him. Then out came the bottle and he turned into a sniper. Head down looking around him to make sure no-one was watching, bottle out, lid off under the seat, quick swig and lid secretly put back on. This innocent 'fan' had become a terrorist and I, because I kept quiet about his activities, had become his accomplice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Searching for a heady and rambunctious atmosphere, I purchased tickets for the North Stand. Being of a cautious and law-abiding disposition, I dutifully removed the bottle top from my water bottle. But, sneakily and rather daringly, used clingfilm and an elastic band to protect the contents from dust and other debris.

Events were to unfold which have caused me undue worry and anxiety. Needing to spend a penny, I successfully manoeuvred around the throng of people, bottle secured in coat pocket, and let nature take its course.

Having completed the task, I swaggered over to the basin to wash my hands, but the bottle had other ideas, forcing itself from my pocket, it launched itself, a slippery missile of wetness, and exploded all around the facilities. The floor was clearly now a lethal weapon, designed to entice unlucky supporters to slip and do themselves all manner of injury.

There were several 'Tut, tuts' emanating from the infamous denizens of the North, who heaping approbrium upon my actions, induced panic into my already febrile emotional state. Needless to say, I fled the scene, my reputation and my self-worth tarnished. I do not know if I can ever venture into that stand any more, neither can I contemplate carrying such a deadly item on my person again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

forgot to add it was an hour before game started with no one around

Was their a sense of deja vu

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Premier league Home record before the flask ban

20 Played
8 win (40%)
8 draw (40%)
4 loss (20%)

Premier League Home Record since the ban on flasks:

12 Played
4 win (33.33%)
4 draw (33.33%)
4 loss (33.33%)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
After having my bag of sweets confiscated last week by a steward after being told I might throw them onto the pitch (they were only wine gums FFS), I sensibly didn't bring any with me this week. Imagine my surprise when I saw similar sweets being sold from a cart in the concourse! Talk about double standards.

Never had my wine gums taken by a steward in ESU.....if they tried I would just stuff as many as possible in my gob and bin the rest..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never had my wine gums taken by a steward in ESU.....if they tried I would just stuff as many as possible in my gob and bin the rest..

I don't believe that's true. Unless it's for business reasons i.e. like the cinema.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Seriously? If true then this is outrageous and unacceptable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Premier league Home record before the flask ban

20 Played
8 win (40%)
8 draw (40%)
4 loss (20%)

Premier League Home Record since the ban on flasks:

12 Played
4 win (33.33%)
4 draw (33.33%)
4 loss (33.33%)

I said to the bloke in front at the Burnley match that the ban was affecting our form. Well I can't think of a more valid reason.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I do hope that one of that lovely Mr Barber's minions is keeping up to date with this thread so he can report back what an absolute tit "the boss" has made himself look as a result of the bottle top ban fiasco.

If tops on fizzy pop bottles are such a clear and obvious threat to our safety and security, then Barber needs to step it up and protect us better. The prevailing arrangements are clearly not stopping the bottle tops getting into the ground.

(Oh...and well done to all those who have and are continuing to go to such lengths to get the bottle tops into the ground!! :bowdown: )

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also banned at Wembley
http://www.wembleystadium.com/plan-your-visit/stadium-guide/rules-and-regulations

Prohibited Items

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

Any article that might be used as a weapon, be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police.

Unlicensed musical instruments: trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance.

Flag poles greater than 1m in length and flares. Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks.

Frisbees and similar items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, explosives or ammunition; fireworks, knives, blades or other weapons, firearms, scooters, skateboards or other skates. Laser devices, smoke canisters, signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding, unauthorised fliers, spray paint, large industrial style "permanent" marker pens, prams / push chairs (will be assessed for each event. Please check the relevant event page for further information), transmitting devices, professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses), large suitcases, lap tops, illegal merchandise items, water bottles (need to have the ability to decant), illegal charity collection utensils, motor bike helmets, umbrellas, darts, hampers and cold boxes, air horns, alcohol and animals (except service dogs & guide dogs).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here