Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays Ref Kevin Friend

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It was one of those games where the ref and linos got caught up in the momentum of the game. Liverpool had a lot of possession and therefore every 50:50 marginal decaision seemed to go their way. However I don’t think it was the worst performance I’ve ever seen, far from it and he did get the only major decision correct. I’d like to see the Locadia offside decision again though, great pass by March by the way.

...and no yellow cards at all.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The penalty was about the only decision he got right all day.. The Locadia offside was an absolute joke. Useless

Just...but only just...offside. Just watched it on the full match re-run that’s on Sky now. Not an ‘absolute joke’, but a very tight decision they almost certainly got right

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just...but only just...offside. Just watched it on the full match re-run that’s on Sky now. Not an ‘absolute joke’, but a very tight decision they almost certainly got right

Game of opinions, just watched the same footage which confirmed what I thought at the time. Onside, PS I sit in the West Lower and was pretty much in line. Each to their own...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Game of opinions, just watched the same footage which confirmed what I thought at the time. Onside, PS I sit in the West Lower and was pretty much in line. Each to their own...

I’m only quoting based on the TV replay.......also WSL but the other end, and at the time our reaction was ‘WTF’....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He got that bit right - no thuggery or sly stuff preventing clear cut counters. The Albion players must have stayed respectful, against their instinct, in those many long lectures from Friend.

Personally I don't think a couple of their players were very respectful, one in particular. I would have taken a game full of cards over a game full of chats, which is what Friend loves to do.

Someone needs to hook his mic up to the speakers so we all know why chunks of the match we've paid to see are being lost.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
His man cave will be extra full tonight with red shirts. We didn’t play well but every time we even touched them he blew up like a star struck teenager

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I don't think a couple of their players were very respectful, one in particular. I would have taken a game full of cards over a game full of chats, which is what Friend loves to do.

Someone needs to hook his mic up to the speakers so we all know why chunks of the match we've paid to see are being lost.

If I could change anything in the sport, it would be to see 4th officials have the power and be forced to add on ALL time wasted, not just PL but at all levels including at WC’s.

(Said hypocritically, as we must have hung on to famous and nervy wins before by ‘game management’).

Not a particularly Albion v LFC bugbear. I recall tons of cntish teams such as Cardiff coming to the Amex and wasting time from the first second.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If I could change anything in the sport, it would be to see 4th officials have the power and be forced to add on ALL time wasted, not just PL but at all levels including at WC’s.

(Said hypocritically, as we must have hung on to famous and nervy wins before by ‘game management’).

Not a particularly Albion v LFC bugbear. I recall tons of cntish teams such as Cardiff coming to the Amex and wasting time from the first second.

I thought it was the ref who decided how much added time there was to play and just passed this to the 4th official.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I listened to the BBC Radio Sussex commentary whilst at the game (useful for those distant incidents when you can't really see what happened, etc) and I recall one point well into the second half when Wazza said something along the lines of "28,000 of us can't be wrong about all these poor decisions" (or words to that effect!). The fact that CH in his typically measured way mildly queried the decisions shows that they were somewhat ridiculous/biased, and that's without my blue and white tinted glasses on too.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dont understand why watch isnt stopprd as soon as goal scored and restarted at KO. It then doesnt matter if celebrations take 30sec or 2mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here