Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays Ref Kevin Friend

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We’ve got a good record with Kevin Friend reffing is at home this season, beat Manchester United, beat West Ham, and beat Crystal Palace.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's "big team" performances by refs, then there's what we saw today.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Disgraceful performance. Friend got more biased as the game wore on. You only had to touch a Liverpool player and it was a freekick.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Disgraceful performance. Friend got more biased as the game worse on. You only had to touch a Liverpool player and it was a freekick.

And the Liverpool players knew it. I mean, Firmino going down holding his face[emoji30]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The officials caused it all. Both sets of players were fine.

Friend set the tone from the off with dictatorial mini lectures to Dunk etc after they committed regulation fouls. Far more than being a communicator, more The Great Dictator.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
The officials caused it all. Both sets of players were fine.

Friend set the tone from the off with dictatorial mini lectures to Dunk etc after they committed regulation fouls. Far more than being a communicator, more The Great Dictator.

Exactly this. "Just to let you know, you're getting f all all game mate, know you're place".

May as well have had a red shirt on. **** of the highest order today.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
The away he let them ‘manage’ the four minutes added time was disgraceful - how long was the ball active during that time? 1 minute?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was one of those games where the ref and linos got caught up in the momentum of the game. Liverpool had a lot of possession and therefore every 50:50 marginal decaision seemed to go their way. However I don’t think it was the worst performance I’ve ever seen, far from it and he did get the only major decision correct. I’d like to see the Locadia offside decision again though, great pass by March by the way.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The away he let them ‘manage’ the four minutes added time was disgraceful - how long was the ball active during that time? 1 minute?

Always the way. I don't agree with it and would like to see the back of it, but it's helped us in the past.

Incredibly frustrating when on the receiving end of it, calms a few nerves when we're the perpetrators.

Yes, in answer to your question. Around a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here