Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Harveys Beer Kiosks - please tell me they’ll be back

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Before I go all hatstand and whinge about not providing local beer adequately, especially after a match like that, can I ask if his subject has already been discussed?
And yes, the refreshment kiosk does provide a pint but it’s pretty minging.

A cold pint of IPA pre-kick off is the stuff of dreams. A pint of Fosters pis$ is not.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I fear a season of fosters in the WSU.

The Harvey’s bars were always quite poplar once people realised the variety and quality of beer on offer. The only issue seemed to be the inability for some staff to pour a pint properly which would cause a que to build up sometimes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No Wharf IPA out by the band stand anymore

Devastated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Service in WSU today was dreadful. Took ages to get served, no idea of what change should be given and tills taken out of service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What happened to the dark star porta-bars as well. . Hophead makes Harvey's taste like something pumped out of the river Ouse!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Was looking forward to a nice pint of Harveys Best when I walked into the West Stand Lower and horrified to see just a Fosters stand and big surprise there was no Queue.
Is someone going to email Barber and find out the reason. Surely the club is losing money by taking away the Harveys Bars as the queues where always 10 deep.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Service in WSU today was dreadful. Took ages to get served, no idea of what change should be given and tills taken out of service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Always happens at this time of year though, whilst the two uni's are on holiday, service will get better, (though not vastly), when the students, (many of whom serve in the Amex bars), return to their studies next month.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was looking forward to a nice pint of Harveys Best when I walked into the West Stand Lower and horrified to see just a Fosters stand and big surprise there was no Queue.
Is someone going to email Barber and find out the reason. Surely the club is losing money by taking away the Harveys Bars as the queues where always 10 deep.

I think we need to realise, that to a large extent anyway, it is Sodexo the club's catering partner, who are responsible for what food/drink is offered for sale at the the Amex, and not the cub itself.

Obviously if their decisions end up costing the club lost revenue in sales, or upset too many paying customers, the club will want to know the reason why.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Harveys portable bars were at Eastbourne Airborne over the weekend so expect that explains their absence.

Ah good thinking.

fingers-crossed.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here