Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Chichester

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I had the pleasure of visiting Chichester on Friday afternoon/evening, and what a very real pleasure it was. A very nice town centre with plenty of non-chain shops, and, what was really uplifting, good looking well-dressed people everywhere. It was almost as though I'd stepped back to an earlier age when people took care with their appearance and how they dressed. Hardly a tattoo, a piercing, or a pair of ripped jeans to be seen.

Compared to scummy Brighton it was like another world, and a very nice one too.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had the pleasure of visiting Chichester on Friday afternoon/evening, and what a very real pleasure it was. A very nice town centre with plenty of non-chain shops, and, what was really uplifting, good looking well-dressed people everywhere. It was almost as though I'd stepped back to an earlier age when people took care with their appearance and how they dressed. Hardly a tattoo, a piercing, or a pair of ripped jeans to be seen.

Agree:thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:We live near Chichester, and yes, it is a pleasant small city.
However, for young people the nightlife is pretty non existent. It must be the only university town in the country without a nightclub.
Pleasant yes, but it is a town that is largely run by old farts for old farts!
I am 70, by the way:)
As for Brighton, I used to love it in my younger days, but not now.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Even Hastings looks posh clean and tidy these days compared to Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
8C350115-7B48-42B6-9AD9-13E104E8766F.jpeg

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Spot on. I like Chi.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Got no CHARACTER though does it? You biege oldies are welcome to it. :bigwave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chichester is very pleasant and sadly Mrs Hut spends a fortune in White Stuff there.

Normally stop off there after a visit to Gunwharf Key

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A very nice town centre with plenty of non-chain shops, and, what was really uplifting, good looking well-dressed people everywhere. It was almost as though I'd stepped back to an earlier age when people took care with their appearance and how they dressed. Hardly a tattoo, a piercing, or a pair of ripped jeans to be seen.
Oh how wonderful. Like ones very own safe space.

Even Hastings looks posh clean and tidy these days compared to Brighton
I hadn't noticed Brighton being so bad :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chichester is very pleasant and sadly Mrs Hut spends a fortune in White Stuff there.

Normally stop off there after a visit to Gunwharf Key

A pedant would write:-

Quay.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Chichester is the M&S of cities.

Yes, it’s very clean and middle class but I wouldn’t want to live there.

That comparison got away from me at the end.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
And it’s even got two M&S’s.
It’s a great town but a bit pricey as far as house prices go.
A nice £450k house can be bought for about £350k in the less fashionable Bognor which is only 10 mins down the road.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Live just outside Chi. And love it. Have a boat in the marina and play golf up at Goodwood most weekends.

The main reason my son is an Albion nut is because Albion made the effort to coach locally in the area and he got into the youth team - not sure I had much to do with it!

Crown and Anchor at Dell Quay is a great pub too. Only downside is when the entire population of London decide to go to the Witterings when it’s sunny. Pointless trying to go anywhere in the car then..."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
:We live near Chichester, and yes, it is a pleasant small city.
However, for young people the nightlife is pretty non existent. It must be the only university town in the country without a nightclub.
Pleasant yes, but it is a town that is largely run by old farts for old farts!
I am 70, by the way:)
As for Brighton, I used to love it in my younger days, but not now.

This.usually go to Bognor for shopping as there is now more choice and free parking. Maybe a bit of a "kiss me quick" seaside town but most definitely on the up.Rammed full of foreign totty as well???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here