Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Question about Park and Ride announcement

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
With the statement about Park and Ride from Lewes road until January

Park & Rides: Due to building work, the park and ride at University of Brighton, Lewes Road, will be temporarily closed until January 2019,
however the club has increased the number of buses at Brighton Racecourse, along with extra parking spaces.

The number of buses operating at the most popular site in Mill Road has also increased, and that fills up very quickly.

Both locations at Brighton Racecourse & Mill Road, will be open from 1pm.

Brighton Racecourse are holding an event on the day, so please follow stewards' instructions on arrival

Do the club intend to still run the busses from the Lewes Road area as many fans do walk to this pick up point.
My take on this that the busses used for this site are now being transfered to Mill Road and the Racehill sites.

This is going to make the 25 service overloaded if so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With the statement about Park and Ride from Lewes road until January

Park & Rides: Due to building work, the park and ride at University of Brighton, Lewes Road, will be temporarily closed until January 2019,
however the club has increased the number of buses at Brighton Racecourse, along with extra parking spaces.

The number of buses operating at the most popular site in Mill Road has also increased, and that fills up very quickly.

Both locations at Brighton Racecourse & Mill Road, will be open from 1pm.

Brighton Racecourse are holding an event on the day, so please follow stewards' instructions on arrival

Do the club intend to still run the busses from the Lewes Road area as many fans do walk to this pick up point.
My take on this that the busses used for this site are now being transfered to Mill Road and the Racehill sites.

This is going to make the 25 service overloaded if so.

My guess is that this is a question for Jenny Gower at supporter services but my gut feeling is that they won't run buses where people aren't parking!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My guess is that this is a question for Jenny Gower at supporter services but my gut feeling is that they won't run buses where people aren't parking!

I agree, I do have friends who are still going there to pick up the busses and I think they maybe in for a bit of a shock.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I agree, I do have friends who are still going there to pick up the busses and I think they maybe in for a bit of a shock.

They can still jump on the 23/25/28/29 or even the 24/49 if they don't mind a bit more of a walk.

They can also try their luck with a train from Moulsecoomb train station.

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
They can still jump on the 23/25/28/29 or even the 24/49 if they don't mind a but more of a walk.

They can also try their luck with a train from Moulsecoomb train station.
Yes they can but I think today with a capacity crowd and a Sunday bus service this could be chaotic

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes they can but I think today with a capacity crowd and a Sunday bus service this could be chaotic

True. I suppose it depends on if they are the sort who like to get to the ground early for a couple of drinks/soak up the atmosphere or if they like to rock up just before kick off. If it's the latter they will definitely struggle with infrequent and crowded buses. If it's the former I think they'll be all right.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Just went past P&R on bus. Does not appear to be a reason why it could not be used? A small bit of barriered off area on western side but apart from that an empty car park?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just went past P&R on bus. Does not appear to be a reason why it could not be used? A small bit of barriered off area on western side but apart from that an empty car park?

I think it's more about a clear 'not in use until january' rather than a 'it's available for these games, not for these ones, then available for this game, unless we get a cup run' confusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here