Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking ticket not arrived advice please

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I park at the uni and have just got home from hols to find my parking season ticket hasn't arrived. I have a confirmatory email. If I wave my laptop and the email at the guys on the gate tomorrow am I likely to be let in? There is a number to call in the email but it says I can't call less than 24 h before KO. :down:

Advice gratefully received.

Cheers, HWT

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you print the email you can leave your laptop at home !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed. I have organized that for the morning - but I'm just a bit worried the boys on the gate might do a 'computer says no'. Probably I'm worrying needlessly. Cheers.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Years ago I got a "computer says no" response from Uni Car Park steward in similar situation - after asking him to check with a supervisor who had a bit of common sense and a brain I was very reluctantly let in ( made it plain if up to him In would not have been - despite being able to prove I had paid for car park ticket! )

First game of season is always worse for lack of awareness / knowing what to do re all catering and car park staff, inevitable really

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I park at the uni and have just got home from hols to find my parking season ticket hasn't arrived. I have a confirmatory email. If I wave my laptop and the email at the guys on the gate tomorrow am I likely to be let in? There is a number to call in the email but it says I can't call less than 24 h before KO. :down:

Cheers, HWT

I'm sure common sense will prevail, given the fact they most probably would've been briefed, that some permits have not been sent out!
The email and photo ID should suffice.
Give the slackness of the stewards, letting people into the car park, for instance, when we popped into the club shop on Thursday afternoon.
I drove up to the barrier, said I we were going to club shop, reply was "you know where you're going"...straight in!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't even got my season ticket. I trust the ticket line is open in the morning?

Blow it out your bottom. Not all of us has Jeeves to polish our bollocks with tan boot polish.

:wink:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I would ring the club this morning. One match I realised I’d forgotten my pass as I was driving down (I’m in Cheshire), I rang the club and they got a message to the Head Steward who, when I arrived, had my details on his clipboard and let me in.

My pass for this season arrived at least a month ago. Good luck getting in today!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Cheers, HWT

Had this happen to me once a couple of seasons ago.
Phone up and give name and car reg number and they will give it to steward in charge. Print off email in case.

Good luck

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had this happen to me once a couple of seasons ago.
Phone up and give name and car reg number and they will give it to steward in charge. Print off email in case.

Good luck

Cheers. No access to printer. To be fair, our house is in such a mess due to extension not finished I decided the best bet is to listen to the radio. Annoying, but Mrs Tackle can't lug heavy boxes about by herself :shrug::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Luckily I'm not missing much

:ffsparr:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Phoned the club this afternoon and it appears that my parking permit was not posted. No explanation. I paid for it, along with anyone else renewing, in May. It will be posted this afternoon. That's a bit peculiar....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here